Bring back the plastic back

Do you want headphone jack, IR blaster and plastic back plus replaceable batteries?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shaitan

In a time of uncertainty, unemployment and unrest, the big tech companies profit more and more on our expense. And I'm only talking about the mobile phones here. We pay a TON of hard earned money for impossible to repair, polluting, unoptimized garbage:
- batteries are soldered. "So what?" Well the battery will dry out on the end, no matter what. Especially if you have an LG phone, like I do. Batteries should be replaceable, and yes, you CAN. have a plastic back and water resistance.
- parts are impossible to find. And if you do find then, the price is huge. Why can't you have Apple parts? Because they are predatorial garbage vampires.
- repairability score is dropping. This again is on purpose. So we pay more and more for a cracked back screen. And this brings me to the last point:
- plastic back. Right after you but the new shiny phone, you need a plastic cover or the smudgy fingerprint magnet in your hand will slip into a cracked glass mess. Of course, glass feels more premium, if you are a paid shill journalist which gets his/her free device for publicity stunts. Me? Not so much. I can't afford to use a soapy glass broken equipment as I need my phone for, you know, work e-mail, normal people stuff and fast use when I take it out of the box. I really don't need to take extra precautions and don't want to trade reliability for looks. Sure, if you are an Instagram diva which gets high on the glass, go ahead. Use the iphone XX or whatever. Me? The normal people here? Yeah, well I DO want
- infrared
- plastic back
- headphone jack [burn in Hell Sam(e)sung]
- replaceable battery
- FM Radio
- easily replaceable and repairable parts
- UPDATES. THREE YEARS OF SECURITY UPDATES.
Maybe some, you know, FLAT front screen?
I know, I know, I'm old and don't understand "progress". Yeah. Right. Progress is when we get MORE for our money. Not when your margins skyrocket because you sell Bluetooth headphones which die after a year.
Please, not just for out sakes, but for the planet's sake: stop using irreparable nightmare glass phones. Ask for "right to repair". Address this issue to your local politicians. Lobby the right to have headphone jack, IR blaster, removable battery and to service your own stuff. Thanks.

In cheap phones, there is a headphone jack available and even in costly flagship and premium phones, there is plastic back everywhere. But I don't think that the removable battery is returning anytime soon.

Back