Broadband use at 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie30001

hey,
Have a question about my freeserve broadband, im connected at 576Kbps (well thats what it ses when im connected) but no matter what i do, either if its downloading or playing a game...or what evare...when i look in task maneger and the "networking" tab, it ses the name of my modem the speed in connected at and then the of the connection im using......and its never 100%....it kinda hovers around 60% and 80%..the highest ive evar seen it go was about 86%.

Why is this happening...and is it even anything to worrie about?......and when i do one of them broadband test thingys...i only get about 459.9Kbps..whats that about?....i did the test at this site: http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/

Look at this at BroadbandReports. I think it will give you a good answer to your question. I've got the same download/upload speed given in the example, and I'm fortunate enough to have the maximum speed, about 87% of what I'm paying for. Guess I'm lucky.

At that same site there are some tweaking programs you can try, although I've not found but one that really gave me any improvement. You can try one at Broadband Reprots if you like or try my favorite, at CyberWizardPit. If you go there look for CyberTweaks in the left column. Be sure and pick out the best one for your speed, he's got a lot of them. Using his tweak, I got about a 6 or 7 percent increase, which doesn't seem like a lot, but every little bit helps.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back