Broken Headphones Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have two audio jacks on my PC - one in the front for headphones and one in the rear for speakers. When you plug the headphones into the front jack it automatically turns off the speakers in the rear.

Several months ago the tip of the plug on my headphones broke off inside the front jack. Thus, my computer thinks that I have a pair of headphones plugged in and will not play sound through the headphones.

Is there anyway to bypass the speakers on the front so that the rear speakers will play?

I've gone too long without being able to play music on my PC.

Any help would be great!

I opened the computer up and sadly, the audio jack is a part of a board that supports the LED lights for the front of the computer. There's only one 'cord' to the board - doesn't seem to be a seperate audio connection.

Theye should be a bundle on cables going from your audio jack module to your mother board. I would suggest getting out your mobo manual and finding out what cable that goes to your mobo that controls the front audio jack, and simply unplug the wire. thats the only thing i can think of other that soldering a wire to the broken off peice in the computer and pulling it out. that would accually be less of a hasle. good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back