Broken links

By VitalyT
Apr 4, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. Tried to insert this link several times:

It gets broken every time.

Here, I'm converting it into bare text, to avoid transformation:

and add to it:

The result from clicking on the pasted link and using copy'n paste on that link address differs, which means the automatic link paste code doesn't work right.
  2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

I don't see where the difference is at. The both lead to the same item as far as I can tell.
  3. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Topic Starter Posts: 3,106   +1,376

The two links take me to 2 different locations. I don't understand why...
  4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

All I know is I had them loaded in two different tabs. And by switching back and forth, I didn't see any differences.
  5. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,147   +597

:giggle: What you see is not what you get.
    right-clicking ->copy link gives the true data:​
    isn't that fun!

There are multiple redirections being performed and a reference 'from whence did you come'.
    These kinds of things are dependent upon the proxy's where the redirection is initiated - - aka you have no control over the outcome.
  6. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,023   +612

Ok, this is what's going on...

We recently implemented a new service that detects Amazon URLs and geo-locates them to the user's appropriate store. For example, if there is a link for an Intel CPU on, and the user clicking is in the UK, it will automatically take him to the same product on

It will work for UK, Canada, Italy, Germany and a few others. Pretty useful IMO.