TechSpot

Browser history

By learninmypc
Sep 19, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. If one don't dump their browser history & they're online 8+ hours a day surfing, how long could it take before it affects the length of ones Security scans?
    I'm not talking any specific computer, just in general.:)

2. Cinders

Cinders TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 872   +12

The browser limits the amount of data that is saved to usually 1GB at max, but a GB of tiny text files can be many tiny files which would slow down the scan in maybe, I don't know, a couple of months assuming the entire memory clump was filled with cookies.

learninmypc likes this.
  3. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 6,410   +330

Interesting, thank you.(y)

4. Kang0808

Kang0808 TS Rookie

Interesting. You can setup the max capacity of data in browser. I always clean them up in a certain period.

5. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,476   +965

does it? I thought chrome doesnt do that anymore. the cache is usually unlimited I think, but browsing history is limited

6. Cinders

Cinders TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 872   +12

I used the word "usually" for a reason. I wasn't gonna try to cover every browser, so I just took a peek at IE and Firefox and guessed from there.

7. Jad Chaar

haha just pushing your buttons! no worries

8. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

I know FF cache files can get quite large. Just deleting them sometimes can take several minutes. I can't really speak for Chrome - I've tried it on several occasions and don't like it.

9. Jad Chaar

I like it, but I am getting fed up because they havent changed the look since version 6! and it is version 22, and 24 beta looks the same!!!

10. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,197   +420

Do you look at the browser or the content? I personally want to see as little of the browser as possible and Chrome does a great job of that.

11. Jad Chaar

no I love both aspects, but the idea of no design change just irks me

12. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 6,410   +330

Yep, real estate is what I like.(y)