Browser history

By learninmypc
Sep 19, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. If one don't dump their browser history & they're online 8+ hours a day surfing, how long could it take before it affects the length of ones Security scans?
    I'm not talking any specific computer, just in general.:)
  2. Cinders

Cinders TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,313   +12

The browser limits the amount of data that is saved to usually 1GB at max, but a GB of tiny text files can be many tiny files which would slow down the scan in maybe, I don't know, a couple of months assuming the entire memory clump was filled with cookies.
    learninmypc likes this.
  3. learninmypc

learninmypc TechSpot Guru Topic Starter Posts: 4,582   +186

Interesting, thank you.(y)
  4. Kang0808

Kang0808 Newcomer, in training

Interesting. You can setup the max capacity of data in browser. I always clean them up in a certain period.
  5. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,141   +739

does it? I thought chrome doesnt do that anymore. the cache is usually unlimited I think, but browsing history is limited
  6. Cinders

Cinders TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,313   +12

I used the word "usually" for a reason. I wasn't gonna try to cover every browser, so I just took a peek at IE and Firefox and guessed from there.
  7. JC713

haha just pushing your buttons! no worries
  8. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,067   +13

I know FF cache files can get quite large. Just deleting them sometimes can take several minutes. I can't really speak for Chrome - I've tried it on several occasions and don't like it.
  9. JC713

I like it, but I am getting fed up because they havent changed the look since version 6! and it is version 22, and 24 beta looks the same!!!
  10. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,201   +229

Do you look at the browser or the content? I personally want to see as little of the browser as possible and Chrome does a great job of that.
  11. JC713

no I love both aspects, but the idea of no design change just irks me
  12. learninmypc

learninmypc TechSpot Guru Topic Starter Posts: 4,582   +186

Yep, real estate is what I like.(y)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.