TechSpot

BSOD - 0xD1 - tcpip6.sys (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL)

By orondf
Nov 23, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Hi,
    I just got a 0xD1 BSOD that has something to do with tcpip6.sys. I was running bittorrent which uses IPv6. Was it caused by bittorrent?
    I have attached a minidump.
    Thanks in advance,
    Oron.

Attached Files:

2. jamesodriscoll

jamesodriscoll TS Rookie Posts: 138

hi,

Yes Bittorrent probably has caused this. It depends on what you are downloading and from where.

I am going to assume (as an example) that you are downloading some free software. While the software may be legitimate the sites that hosts these torrents are probably not.

If you need to download torrents i recommend using uTorrent over BitTorrent. Also try using AVG with when searching as AVG is pretty good at spotting the "bad" torrent sites.

Reboot in safe mode and i would do a quick roll back see if that stops the BSOD

Hope this helps
    James
  3. Acharea

Acharea TS Rookie

Definitely caused by this.
    Agree - same symptoms today. Bit Torrent and bad torrentz :) Downloading to much ... in one moment. Twice BSOD occured. Maybe I will turn the IPV6 protocol in my router or maybe I will update my driver NIC or update driver tcpip6.sys we will see.
  4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,847   +165

The minidump file is corrupt...
  5. Acharea

Acharea TS Rookie

I know I have Blue Screen Viewer.
  6. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,847   +165

So what did you see using the bluescreenviewer?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.