BSOD bugcheck code: 0x1000007E and 0xA

I get the BSOD when copying files to my pendrive or watching a video.

Basic System Specs:
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium (SP1)
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz
Kingstone 1GB
PSU 450W
XFX Geforce 7600GT 256MB DDR3

I analyse the file with whocrashed and here are the results.

Code:
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\052611-26968-01.dmp
uptime: 00:00:11
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x771F4) 
Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF800028951F4, 0xFFFFF88002FCE828, 0xFFFFF88002FCE080)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. 
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

Code:
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\052611-25031-01.dmp
uptime: 00:00:11
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x80640) 
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x0, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF800028B0015)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. 
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time

View attachment Minidump.zip

Hi eal2357 :)

All three of your minidumps state the nvlddmkm.sys process as being the cause of the BSOD, this also fits with the issue of watching videos. Your last one also added the 0xc0000005 error code which is usually associated with a RAM issue. Theres a few things we can try to resolve this.

1). Update your NVIDIA drivers
2). Check your RAM for possible faults

1. Update your video drivers, do this by uninstalling your previous ones and then reinstalling with the most up to date version.

-Download the newest driver from NVIDIA and save it to your desktop, download the free program called Driver Sweeper
-Boot into safemode on your machine and uninstall the current drivers
-Run the Driver Sweeper to remove any remaining files
-Boot into normal mode and install the new drivers

2. If this doesn't solve your issue then I would suggest running scans on your actual system memory. As this issue can be caused by invalid memory being address and may not be the driver that's always the problem. Run memtest on your machine, here are the instructions. Leave it running for a minimum of 7 passes, most people leave this running overnight.

If you need help with any of the steps let me know

I've done everything you said but i still get the same error, what must i do now.
Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Did memtest pick up any errors? How long did you run it for?

Have a go with Prime95 just to double check the RAM, click here to download it.

Make sure you run the blended test as this is the torture test that stresses your memory as well. I would suggest running this for a few hours, make sure you keep an eye on any errors or temperature increases. The easiest way to do this is download speedfan and have it running while Prime95 is doing its thing. Have a read of this guide here but make sure you select blended test when given the option.

After that we can make sure your video card isn't causing any problems. Read this guide here & run the program.

Get back to me with the results :)

Back