TechSpot

BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe and volmgr.sys

By jesseyy
Jan 30, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi,

I've been trying to find out why I'm getting all these blue screens today. Lately I've been getting a lot of malware and virus from the internet and I've removed them but they keep coming back and now I started getting the blue screen and I thought it was because of it. I've run my anti virus scan and malware scan but every time I start up my computer, I get the blue screen once I get to my desktop. I'm in safe mode right now and I found out that I'm getting these blue screens from ntoskrnl.exe and volmgr.sys.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: a
    BCP1: 0000000000000010
    BCP2: 000000000000000C
    BCP3: 0000000000000000
    BCP4: FFFFF8000207A489
    OS Version: 6_0_6002
    Service Pack: 2_0
    Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini013011-02.dmp
    C:\Users\Jessey\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-96346-0.sysdata.xml
    C:\Users\Jessey\AppData\Local\Temp\WERCABD.tmp.version.txt

Does anyone know how I can fix this? I have uploaded my .dmp files and I could really use some help. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

Nothing definitive was given as the probable cause but by the fact you have had to deal with multiple infections there is a very strong possibility your system may still be infected.

Our very best advice to you at this time is to visit our Virus and Malware Removal forum, read the Updated 8 Step sticky, and follow the steps given in the order given -- don't skip any steps.

Then once you have finished the steps post on that forum with the required logs attached to said post. You'll get excellent help.