BSOD error 7F and 3B

TopperH

Hi.
Several times a day, my computer randomly gives me BSOD.
I've looked through the last 5 minidumps, and was hoping some of you guys could help me out?
I've tried uninstalling the graphic cards drivers and installing older version. No success.
The problem started after I installed a SSD harddrive (intel x25-m).

Attachments

• minidumps.zip
    119.2 KB · Views: 5
Hi Mark,
Thanks for your answer.

I just had a BSOD again.

I 'downgraded' the nvidia graphics driver, since i heard of several others who've had BSOD with the latest update. So far, no BSOD related to the gfx card.

I'm running Win7.

You write, nvidia network adapter, however... i only have Marvell Yukon PCI-E gigabit ethernet controller and an Realtek Wifi network adapter. So i don't quite follow?

About the link you send me. These errors have started after installing a new harddrive, hence all old drivers are gone, and a fresh win7 copy has been installed.

looking forward to yours and others answers :)

Thanks,

Thomas.

Obviously the Nvidia Network Adapter was not correct, I found it while researching the Netio.sys driver which is named in four of the minidumps. The 7F error code in those dumps suggests hardware, i.e. memory, or incompatible software.

Could you tell me what anti virus software and firewall you are using.

If you BSOD's continue I would opt for Microsoft Security Essentials and the Windows 7 built in firewall. This will give your system all the protection it needs for free and you can be 100% sure of no incompatability issues. It will be worth a try even if it is just to eliminate it from a possible cause.

Use this tool to remove ZA:

http://forum.thewindowsclub.com/win...alarm-uninstaller-removal-tool-available.html

And get MSE from here.

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/support.aspx?mkt=en-us

And also, please continue to post any future dumpfiles.

I have dealt with a few BSOD problems with systems that have a new SSD and it was found to be the drive, worth keeping in mind when little else has change. It could also be worth trying to run on one memory stick at a time to see if crashes occur with any particular stick.

Just had 2 BSOD in the past 2 days. Both are error 7F.

Can you see what caused the BSOD? I've attached the 2 minidump files.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Minidump2.zip
    45.2 KB · Views: 1
Update...
At the same time that i installed the new harddisk, i also installed an extra graphics card (i don't know why i haven't thought of this before). So i have 3 monitors connected to my setup (30", 24" and 20").
Yesterday i removed the extra graphics card and only used 2 monitors, and i have not had the BSOD since then...

Again the driver named is Netio.sys but looking deeper into the Stack Trace it can be seen that a fault first occured in tcpip.sys which is part of the Network control. This most likely had an incompatability issue with something else. I am now fairly convinced that the problem is with ZoneAlarm which I see is still there, please remove it.

I have also found files in the dumps relating to Kaspersky Anti Virus, if you have never had this software then it will be a file that is included in ZoneAlarm. I believe it uses Kaspersky Anti Virus. If you did have it then it was not cleanly uninstalled and you should run this uninstall tool to remove any other remnants of it, please remove ZoneAlarm first.

http://www.crystalidea.com/kaspersky-uninstall-tool

EDIT

Just seen your last post. That's interesting but unless the cards drivers are causing a problem then it is unlikely to be the cause of BSOD

To do a thorough check on your drivers please follow this, reinstall that extra card so it's driver is included in this check.

For windows XP - Click on Start and then Run. Type verifier into the box and hit the Enter key.
For Vista and Windows 7 - Click on Start and type verifier into the search box then click on verifier in the list that pops up.

Driver Verifier Manager will open.

Select the first choice "Create Standard Settings" and click on the "Next" button.

Now select "Automatically select all drivers installed on this computer" and click on the "Finish" button.

A box will appear asking you to restart the PC for the changes to take effect. Click on "OK" and reboot the PC.

If the PC reboots normally then there is no problem with any of the drivers. If you get a blue screen straight away it will name the faulty driver. If you are absolutley certain that the named driver is OK then make a note of it.

You will then have to go back into the Verifier and instead of selecting all drivers select "Select drivers from a list". Click on "Next" and the list of drivers will appear. Select them all apart from the one you know to be OK. Click on "Finish" and reboot.

Once you have identified the faulty driver or confirmed that there are none go back to the first page of the Driver Verifier Manager and select "Delete Existing Settings" and click on "Finish"

Small update.
After uninstalling ZoneAlarm and installing the MSE, the computer has been running for several days without crashing.
Tomorrow i will mount the 2nd graphics card again, and see if that results in a BSOD.
Stay tuned... :)

Update.
After uninstalling zonealarm, and re-mounting the extra graphics card, i have not yet gotten any BSOD. Which is really nice!
However, i'm a bit concerned whether or not MSE is secure enough? I bought the ZoneAlarm, because i want a high level of security, and ZoneAlarm is good at this. I know it is hard to give an answer to, but i read some reviews where MSE didn't catch a lot of threats...

I too have read some reports that don't rate MSE all that high and that Avira is the best free anti virus out there. I kept getting malware with MSE and it failed to find any infections during scans that Malwarebytes could find. But as Malwarebytes will only do free scans and you have to pay for active protection I went to Avira, it too has let some malware in but when scanned it found them.

Difficult to know what to recommend. You might get away with reinstalling ZoneAlarm, the original install might have become corrupted, at least if it goes wrong after you reinstall it you will know what the problem is. Avira is at the top of my list at the moment if you need to change. http://www.avira.com/en/avira-free-antivirus

I don't mind paying for antivirus/firewall, as long as its the most secure option...

Btw. are you always online? :)

Yes I am online quite a lot, semi retired and enjoying an infinite learning curve. Just getting the odd job repairing computers, the extra money comes in handy.

As far as AV software goes, I can only recommend the same, Avira, their paid for version will be even better than the free version and so it should be excellent. I have had the Avira free version for about two weeks and I have already had two alerts that it has caught a virus, I think MSE only did that once in the last year. Malwarebytes is also highly rated if you want a paid version, most Malware forums seem to use Avira and Malwarebytes to run scans.

I must add that ZoneAlarm has been the cause of several BSOD problems, just like yours. Never have found out exactly what the reason is, can only guess it conflicts with certain other third party software.

Ok, thank you. Will continue with MSE a few more days, then reinstall ZoneAlarm, and if that gives med BSOD again, then uninstall and purchase Avira.

I'll write how it goes.

Thanks for your help so far.

Update.
I never bothered to reinstall zonealarm. I just installed Avira Antivir Premium.
The computer has been running without BSOD ever since i uninstalled Zonealarm.

I am very thankful for your help. Without your help, i would not have been able to solve this issue.

Back