BSOD Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayrocks24r

Good ol "1003" error. Where do I begin to fix this? I ran through bsod turtorial (checked ram, dust, overheating, pagefile, chkdsk, etc). I attached dmp file. There is no consistency in the occurence of this error. It does occur often however. I appreciate any help!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your minidump crashes with a bugcheck of 9C. This is caused by some kind of faulty hardware.

0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

You will need to diagnose which hardware is at fault.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Where and how do I begin diagnosing the hardware fault. I have swapped mobo, processor, ram, hd, and even psu!

I have the following:

Albatron KI51PV-754 Socket 754 NVIDIA GeForce 6150 Mini ITX AMD Motherboard

AMD Turion 64 MT37 Lancaster 2.0GHz 1MB L2 Cache Socket 754 Processor

SAMSUNG Spinpoint M Series HM080HC 80GB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache ATA-6 Notebook Hard Drive

CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Desktop Memory

First check that your temperatures are all ok. Then, check your psu is actually capable of running your system.

Run your system with the minimum of hardware, that means remove any unnecessary hardware. Leave one stick of ram/hdd/psu/cpu/video card and see if you still have problems. Make sure nothing is overclocked.

Post any further minidumps you get.

Regards Howard :)

The system is running ok temp wise. No periphials were attached from first mini dump. Only one stick of ram. No overclocking has been done.

In that case, the problem must lay with one or more of the componentes that are left. I`m tempted to advise you to take out everything and build the system on a piece of cardboard out side of the case. This would rule out any shortcircuit with the case.

Test the ram with memtest86+.

Test the hard drive with the manufacturers diagnostic utitlty.

Check the mobo for any swollen or leaking capacitors.

tested ram with memtest and swapped it out already. mobo looks fine visually...the system was built outside case to begin with...same problems.

does the mini dump reaveal any info on exactly what piece or pieces r causing the failue?

How about the hard drive test?

Maybe you have a faulty cpu???

Edit: No, one minidump won`t show exactly which hardware is faulty. Several minidump probably wouldn`t either, but they may give us some clues.

i actually bought another cpu and mobo and swapped them...i thought it was one of them at first.

i guess its possible to have a faulty cpu twice? kinda of odd tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back