TechSpot

BSOD hardware failure

By Vandrash
Dec 5, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. I built my computer from scratch so I could finally have a worthy computer for video gaming and it worked fine for two months, no problems whatsoever. But now all of a sudden I'm making BSOD errors anytime I browse the internet or play video games. (Doesn't happen during idle) And I have no idea how to interpret dump files in the least. Wondering if I could get some help on this one so I can get back to how my computer was.

The error code I've been having is 0x124 and I'm attaching a few dump files.

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Have you recently downloaded software or installed new hardware?

3. Vandrash

Vandrash TS Rookie Topic Starter

Other than installed video games, no. All of my drivers are up to date and I've done check disk on both my solid state (for boot up) and hard drive (everything else) and memtest.

4. Tmagic650

Windows 7 64-bit? ...and the rest of the specs?

5. Vandrash

Windows 7-64bit
    AMD Phenom II x6 1075t
    4x4g Kingston hyper x
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560ti 2g EVGA
    Solid State: Zalman s32gb
    HDD: Western Digital Caviar Green WD15EARS 1.5TB

6. Tmagic650

There seems to be a bunch of posts about problems with SSD C drives and Windows 7 64-bit :rolleyes:

7. Vandrash

I have my old HDD that has an operating system on it. Think trading that for the SS might stop my BSODs from happening?

8. Tmagic650

You could try it... I was thinking about going SSD for my boot drive, but I run Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit too. I don't think anyone has verified the SSD Win 7 problems, so lets keep our fingers crossed