BSOD, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, Windows 7 64-bit

By TonyRamone
Aug 1, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi,

I've recently been receiving this BSOD and I'm not sure what caused the problem, or what the solution might be to the situation. At first, I only got the BSOD on startup, and never got into Windows. A day later and now I get into Windows with no problem, but get the BSOD at random. Attached below are a few of the minidumps I've been receiving due to the situation at hand. Any support with be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,109   +21

As per your minidumps the Daemon Tools driver sptd.sys is not loading. Your Windows OS and this driver are not functioning together.

The issue isn't your OS; it is Daemon Tools. We see this quite often here. Either update, uninstall and then reinstall, or keep uninstalled.
  3. TonyRamone

TonyRamone Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I've currently uninstalled Daemon Tools and searched my computer for the driver sptd.sys, but my search returns empty results. I'm still receiving the same BSOD, but I'm thinking maybe there's something I've missed. My latest minidump has been attached below. If it's still reading the same situation, perhaps I've just uninstalled incorrectly, but there are no Daemon Tools files left on my HDD.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

4. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,109   +21

Same driver was listed as not being able to load. The problem with remnant drivers is that they still try to engage from time to time.

See if Daemon Tools has a special Removal Tool.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.