BSOD loop on boot (from using verifier) | Windows 10

Hello all,

I was having trouble with a BSOD prior to this and looked up online on how to fix it. Driver Easy claimed using verifier (via command prompt) on all drivers on the computer would fix the problem.
After following instructions and restarting, I ended up in a worse BSOD loop.
Now it gets to the Windows 10 icon, has those spinny things, then about 5-7 seconds later the BSOD pops up.

The following is what I have tried:
1) WindowsRE does not start after holding the power button at the windows icon twice. Safe Mode also does not start while using windows key + R, holding shift, or repeatedly pressing F8.
2) I still have the same USB I used to install Windows 10 in the first place, so I used it to get to the Repair Your PC option. None of the advanced options work (system restore, startup repair, previous version, uninstalling updates).
- To be frank, I'm not sure if I saved a restore point on my relatively new SSD...
It also tells me to use the "Reset this PC" option in Troubleshoot, but it's not there.
3) I have also used a recovery drive. Still nothing.
Using the commands: "verifier /reset" and "verifier bootmode/ resetonbootfail" also had no change.
4) Updated BIOS version. No luck.
5) Tried to reinstall Windows, but it tells me that I need to start Windows normally (which I can't) and run the installation media. Using Custom Installation tells me that Windows can't be installed on any of my drives (something about GPT disks).

As additional information, the BSOD reports the stop code as: DRIVER VERIFIER IOMANAGER VIOLATION and the Wdf010000.sys is what's failing. Also, I bought and installed a new GPU and PSU 2 weeks ago.

Unfortunately I'm not super tech-savvy and this is too complicated for me.
Regardless, any help is much appreciated.

First of all be very wary of all singing and dancing software that claims to solve all your computer problems at a stroke. It's the same with some security packages. Don't believe all the hype. Windows is pretty robust nowadays and maintenance isn't difficult. Apart from CCleaner (free version) I don't use anything and even CCleaner is in no way essential.

As to the BSOD that was causing issues I'd try to narrow down what was causing it. You mention installing a new psu and graphics card a few weeks ago. My money is on the new graphics card being the culprit. If the old one was working OK I'd put it back and try to reinstall Windows10. That may be easier said than done though.

Windows 10 should install default drivers that will do the job and the graphics card manufacturer's website will have drivers available for free download. You need to match the drivers to the OS you have. If you are not a games enthusiast I'd just stick with what Windows installs for you. You can tinker around at a later stage if you feel like it.

Hello all,

I was having trouble with a BSOD prior to this and looked up online on how to fix it. Driver Easy claimed using verifier (via command prompt) on all drivers on the computer would fix the problem.
After following instructions and restarting, I ended up in a worse BSOD loop.
Now it gets to the Windows 10 icon, has those spinny things, then about 5-7 seconds later the BSOD pops up.

The following is what I have tried:
1) WindowsRE does not start after holding the power button at the windows icon twice. Safe Mode also does not start while using windows key + R, holding shift, or repeatedly pressing F8.
2) I still have the same USB I used to install Windows 10 in the first place, so I used it to get to the Repair Your PC option. None of the advanced options work (system restore, startup repair, previous version, uninstalling updates).
- To be frank, I'm not sure if I saved a restore point on my relatively new SSD...
It also tells me to use the "Reset this PC" option in Troubleshoot, but it's not there.
3) I have also used a recovery drive. Still nothing.
Using the commands: "verifier /reset" and "verifier bootmode/ resetonbootfail" also had no change.
4) Updated BIOS version. No luck.
5) Tried to reinstall Windows, but it tells me that I need to start Windows normally (which I can't) and run the installation media. Using Custom Installation tells me that Windows can't be installed on any of my drives (something about GPT disks).

As additional information, the BSOD reports the stop code as: DRIVER VERIFIER IOMANAGER VIOLATION and the Wdf010000.sys is what's failing. Also, I bought and installed a new GPU and PSU 2 weeks ago.

Unfortunately I'm not super tech-savvy and this is too complicated for me.
Regardless, any help is much appreciated.
I just had that too. Windows 10 insider that I subscribed installed a freature update that did not work well. Irratating loop of BSOD.
If you have a mouse & keyboard dongle, try it in the USB 2 port and not the USB 3 port. Mine did not seem to want to work until I did that. Then try the Safe Mode and work on your computer to uninstall a feature update.

When you get back to normal. Download Aomei Backerupper and put a back up system on a second hard drive. Then make a disk for backerupper to work with for you CD drive.

When these things happen, just put back a system backup on your C: drive again.

Back