BSOD need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really need help, I've had two BSOD with XP. My laptop was originally a Vista and had BSOD every 10 minutes, now it happens after I played a game. My friend told me to use a debugging tool and I got this file. Could someone check it out for me? Tks.
the stop code is STOP: 0X0000008E(0X80000004, 0X806ECAE1, 0X991140AC, 0X00000000)
Somebody recommended to install the original video drivers supplied by the laptop maker, could someone explain how to do that? I'm not very good with computers. tks.
I've got a XP professional with service pack 3 by the way.

0x8E errors are caused by hardware and your debug log cited PCI.sys which is a core Windows PCI bus driver. You have a lot of things listed in your debug log. Try the following:

1. See if your PCI cards are set properly in the slot(s).

2. Scan for viruses, etc.

3. Run a full harddrive diagnostics. You can get a free utility from your harddrive manufacturer off their website. Run both the S.M.A.R.T. and Long Tests.

4. Go to your Run box and type in the following as I spell it: chkdsk Then hit Okay.

5. Run memTest on your memory for a minimum of 7 passes (there are 8 individual tests per PASS). This takes a long time. www.memtest.org

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back