BSOD ntoskrnl.exe??

Ok everyone, this is one that I can not figure out, for the past few days, I've been receiving these BSOD, and I haven't done ANYTHING to the configuration to my computer. No hardware changes, no software changes, Nothing... I downloaded a program called BluescreenView to try and look at the minidump files, but alas, it doesn't make sense to me. I am noticing a faded red line over the file Ntoskrnl.exe on each of the dumps at the top... but I am not sure how to fix it.

Each time I get a blue screen its either when the computer is at idle and we're not even on it, or we are just searching the web (facebook, youtube) nothing to serious for the computer at all...

My computer specs are

OS NameMicrosoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS DescriptionNot Available
OS ManufacturerMicrosoft Corporation
System NameCHRIS-PC
System ManufacturerSystem manufacturer
System ModelSystem Product Name
System Typex64-based PC
ProcessorAMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor, 3200 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/DateAmerican Megatrends Inc. 0602, 1/7/2010
SMBIOS Version2.5
Windows DirectoryC:\Windows
System DirectoryC:\Windows\system32
Boot Device\Device\HarddiskVolume5
LocaleUnited States
Hardware Abstraction LayerVersion = "6.1.7601.17514"
User NameChris-PC\Chris
Time ZoneMountain Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)8.00 GB (Corsair xms3 4x2gb)
Total Physical Memory8.00 GB
Available Physical Memory6.13 GB
Total Virtual Memory16.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory13.2 GB
Page File Space8.00 GB
Page FileC:\pagefile.sys

and my minidumps are attatched.....

please help

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    160 KB · Views: 2
Hi Chris, I'm in the mountain time zone too. You might want to test the memory using Memtest86:
http://www.memtest.org/

Create a boot .iso DVD and run the memory for at least 7 passes. Any errors are not good, and you may want to test each module separately

Have tried the latest Memtest86 and no errors found. since then the errors have gotten worse. I tried a startup repair using the windows 7 repair disc I had made and now i'm getting blue screens with the NTFS.sys file in error... oi

NTFS.sys... this indicates a hard drive problem. Go to the hard drives manufacturers support and download their test software. Make a bootable CD or DVD and boot from it to start the hard drive test before Windows loads

Back