BSOD on ntkrnlpa.exe on xp sp 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

gillybert6

Hi all me again after the last bsod when you guys/gals helped me out found out it was my PCI-E slot 1 which had gone to heaven ,, anyways this system is still the same as back then ,,

anyways have attached 2 minidumps thats all I have am sure I will get more bsod's with the same ..

have done chdisk , checked the memory with both memtest and windows own application there all saying passed so again am pretty much stumped ..

thanks for any input you guys/gals make

as per normal you rock ;)

Attachments

• Mini040410-01.dmp
    64 KB · Views: 0
  • Mini040610-01.dmp
    64 KB · Views: 0
hi Tmagic650 thanks for your reply have checked asus web site and i have the latest bios verion on there .

my computer specs are

Asus Crosshair Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 x2 4600
OCZ 4gig
Radeon HD 4850 625M 512MB DDR3 DUAL DVI TV PCI-E
SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio

if ya want anymore info Tmagic no worries i can give ya more

Asus motherboards are very picky when it come to memory types and speeds. Try raising the memory voltage just a step or two and see if the system stabilizes. I have an ABIT motherboard with a Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 CPU rated at 2.4GHz running at 3.4GHz. I raised the CPU voltage and the DDR voltage just 2 steps to get this stable increase in speeds

ok Tmagic650 will give that a try and see what happens ,, and will keep ya informed , thanks for your quick replys much appricated..

ADDED

found the Volts set @ auto in bios been having a look at what the volts should be set at ,, but have just installed new graphics drivers am just gonna wait it out to see if it bsod again ,, btw me and bios dont mix so its at a last resort lol :D

sorry for double post my crosshair from asus is rubbish lol i was thinking awile back to upgrade it as ASUS dont support my motherboard with lets say windows 7 :/ ,, " and they dont really care about updating the crosshair at all :| ,,

anyways look on the bios very own voltage monitoring and it says

DDR2 Voltage 1.87V = " i noticed alot of peeps say for my memory not to go over 1.2 v " i can evan see the option to change that :D

CPU Voltage is 1.29V = " thats greyed out and no matter what i choose its still greyed out "

so am all confused now :D

You have to click on the auto setting line and turn them to manual or user settings. My memory is set at 1.82v so if you can lower that voltage a bit. The CPU voltage should be okay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back