BSOD on shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wize

Hello all,

Since not too long ago my PC will give a BSOD when shutting down. It says DRIVER_IRQL_NO_LESS_OR_EQUAL so it must be the fault of a driver and it's most likely caused by taphss.sys.
I've searched on google, but couldn't find any good information about taphss.sys, so I don't know what really causes the BSOD.

I hope someone can help me,
Wize

If you can please attach your five most recent minidumps.

If you don't know here is how to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

The problem is I don't get any minidumps. I should get a 64kb minidump, but it doesn't. Even though I still get a blue screen everytime I shut down the computer.

Do you know if you have installed on your system the Anchorfree HSS Adapter?

Like you I did a search for taphss.sys and I am amazed that there is nothing on this per se. However, I did not that Anchorfree HSS Adapter was coupled with it on some items I have read.

I noticed too that there is almost no information about taphss.sys. I don't think I've got Anchorfree HSS Adapter, but I'm at school at the moment so I can't check right now. When I'll get home I'll check it out if I get the chance, because I got to work after school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back