BSOD on Startup [Windows XP Pro] [Keyboard not working]

Hi guys, I have a huge problem. I use my computer daily to play games and browse the web.I'm sure that i haven't downloaded anything suspicious in the last 2 days.

I came back from work and switched on my computer.I was in a rush after so i switched it off manually by the button and when i came back to use it later it didn't work. When i switch on my computer it loads,it goes to the point where it shows me options of turning on my computer. Like the last best configuration and safe mode ect. At this point my keyboard doesn't work and i can't select any options so it automatically selects last best configuration.It loads up to the part where it shows windows xp loading and then it shows the blue screen and it restarts the computer.

I attempted to reinstall my xp but the only buttons that work are the "F" Buttons like F1 F2 ect. I get to the boot screen and i can't press anything.

Does anyone have a solution? I'm in desperate need of my files,if this isn't possible i just need it working as soon as possible.

Thanks for reading.

Does your motherboard works during POST (i.e. can you get in BIOS and scroll through it)?

Try unplugging and then replugging your keyboard and see whether it fixes the issue of keyboard not working.

If it does work, try booting with Last GOod Known Configuration; if that doesn't help, try booting in safe mode, and then go to C:\windows\minidump zip all the dump files in a single compressed file and attach it with your next post.

Does your motherboard works during POST (i.e. can you get in BIOS and scroll through it)?

Try unplugging and then replugging your keyboard and see whether it fixes the issue of keyboard not working.

If it does work, try booting with Last GOod Known Configuration; if that doesn't help, try booting in safe mode, and then go to C:\windows\minidump zip all the dump files in a single compressed file and attach it with your next post.

I don't think you understood me.It's not a problem with the keyboard because i tried 5 other keyboards.When i switch on my computer it goes to that menu that shows safe mode last best configuration ect. Since i can't choose any with my keyboard it automatically selects last best configuration and as soon as it shows Windows xp loading i get the blue screen error. I have no control over my computer other than the F keys

Sorry for misunderstanding and also I should have made my suggestion bit more clear; i.e. if you are using a USB keyboard, have you tried connecting it to different USB port ?

Also have you able to read error code when your OS crashes and shows BSOD?

Sorry for misunderstanding and also I should have made my suggestion bit more clear; i.e. if you are using a USB keyboard, have you tried connecting it to different USB port ?

Also have you able to read error code when your OS crashes and shows BSOD?

I've tried to connect 5 keyboards to different ports and no difference,No i cannot read the error.It happens too fast.I've taken the case off my computer at the moment.Can't figure out the problem

Back