TechSpot

BSOD - restarts sometimes when Firefox starts or is running

By Dakken
May 21, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've been getting BSODs for quite a while now. The BSODs seem to only occur when I am running Firefox, often when it is loading. I have quite a few extensions on Firefox, but I have pretty much the same extensions on my portable version of Firefox, but I have never experienced a crash with any other computer.

This is the error message I am getting:

BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : 71A5DF52 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000008
    BCP4 : 71A5DF52 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

I built this computer in Janurary, and every single piece of the computer was new, except the sound card and power supply. My previous computer also had a problem with BSOD, which seemed to begin when I installed a new Audigy 2 sound card (which I also installed in the new computer). I thought when I built the new computer the problem would go away, but it still occurs.

The problem that that seems to have carried over from my previous computer may be a seperate crash from this one. I believe I was getting the error message IRQ_LESS_OR_NOT_GREATER _THAN

I updated the sound card drivers, but the error continued to occur. Today I completely removed the sound card and re-enabled the build in sound on my motherboard, but the error occured again.

Also, I have the latest video drivers for my video card.

When I installed windows, it was a clean install, but then I used a feature of windows to carry over my settings from my previous hard drive.

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

AMD 3800 Dual Core
    Gigabyte K8N Ultra 9
    graphic card:ATI AIW X800 XL 256MB PCI E
    memory: (2x1 gig)
    HD: 2x 300 gig SATA
    Power supply: Enermax EG65-PVE
    2 DVD burners

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.