BSOD suddenly happening on Win 7

By Paul D
May 17, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. I have suddenly begun to get the BSOD. It happens multiple times a day at random times. It makes no difference what I am doing at the time.

Here's my system stats:

Gateway Pentium D Dual Processor 2.8GHZ
    4GB of RAM
    Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
    Service Pack 1

I just did a fresh install of Windows 7 yesterday

I've been unable to read the dump files and hoped someone would be able to help me figure out what is causing the issue. I have attached the last 5 dumps.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Paul D

Paul D TS Rookie Topic Starter

I've noticed also that it involves netio.sys.

I've been in safe mode for a couple of hours now and have not had the system crash as yet. Usually, it happens within 30min or so.
  3. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,233   +234

This could be related to a 3rd party firewall like Zone Alarm. Do you have this installed?
  4. Paul D

I have BitDefender 2011 and use the firewall it installed, but I was having this problem before I installed it.
  5. Paul D

I think I've figured it out.

I've spent some time removing and re-installng different programs and, after some trial and error, discovered that it is BitDefender and (of all things) Uniblue Powersuite.

I upgraded the Uniblue Powersuite a couple of days ago. I've been using it for a long time now and really like it. I will not be reloading BitDefender back on the PC.

So far, I've been in normal mode for about 3 1/2 hours now without a crash.
  6. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,233   +234

Good Paul D,
    3rd party firewalls are not really necessary with Windows 7 like they were with XP