BSOD suddenly happening on Win 7

By Paul D
May 17, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. I have suddenly begun to get the BSOD. It happens multiple times a day at random times. It makes no difference what I am doing at the time.

Here's my system stats:

Gateway Pentium D Dual Processor 2.8GHZ
    4GB of RAM
    Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
    Service Pack 1

I just did a fresh install of Windows 7 yesterday

I've been unable to read the dump files and hoped someone would be able to help me figure out what is causing the issue. I have attached the last 5 dumps.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Paul D

Paul D Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I've noticed also that it involves netio.sys.

I've been in safe mode for a couple of hours now and have not had the system crash as yet. Usually, it happens within 30min or so.
  3. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,677   +153

This could be related to a 3rd party firewall like Zone Alarm. Do you have this installed?
  4. Paul D

I have BitDefender 2011 and use the firewall it installed, but I was having this problem before I installed it.
  5. Paul D

I think I've figured it out.

I've spent some time removing and re-installng different programs and, after some trial and error, discovered that it is BitDefender and (of all things) Uniblue Powersuite.

I upgraded the Uniblue Powersuite a couple of days ago. I've been using it for a long time now and really like it. I will not be reloading BitDefender back on the PC.

So far, I've been in normal mode for about 3 1/2 hours now without a crash.
  6. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,677   +153

Good Paul D,
    3rd party firewalls are not really necessary with Windows 7 like they were with XP

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.