BSOD vista 32 bit mainly when gaming tried everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really need yalls help. I have been going crazy trying to figure this out. I admit I am a noob when it comes to debugging.

Thank you in advance.

An 0x8E error is almost always caused by a hardware compatibility issue and sometimes a driver issue. The problem with the txt.. document you attached is that the driver cited is ntkrpamp.exe and that is too general for a definitive answer.

What we need from you is to attach your minidumps to your next posting. The more you have the better.

How to find your minidumps:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files. It is these files we need, NOT the whole folder. Attach the minidumps in your next post.

To attach look for the screen below your posting that has the Manage Attachment box.

ithe attachment manager says the .dmp files that contain my mini dups is too big 136kb. says it can only be 100kb. is there a way around this?

this is the only dump I have currently. I did a clean install tonight after weeks of trying to figure these random BSOD's out, and shortly after starting playing cod4 fifteen minutes in got a BSOD. ran debugger, but have no idea what i am looking at. Hope it helps yall help me. If needed I can try to duplicate to get more dumps.

It is the same as you posted in the txt document. However, one process that was mentioned is iw3sp.exe which is a driver in CoD4 and other people have had issues with this driver.

Did you download from the internet?

Several have suggested that the recourse is to uninstall, reboot, and then re-install. it worked for them; I am not suggesting this is what you should do, just passing along information but sometimes a file or driver just doesn't load properly thefirst time and becomes corrupted.

If this is only occuring when you are playing this particular game then this game driver may be the culprit.

Or, it could be your video card drivers but without more minidumps it is impossible to give a definitive answer.

I have reinstalled cod4 a few times now from a disk. sometimes it plays for hours sometimes five minutes before BSOD. It happens on other games as well I will send more dumps when they come, and I am sure they will come. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back