Bsod whilest gaming (0x0000008e)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rihn

I've explored much into the subject and I'm hoping I can get some personal answers, as I haven't found another with my symptoms and similar causes.

I only seem to have errors in certain games, where as others have worked fine.

I've run memtest86 with no errors.

Attached are the last 5 minidumps I've encountered and any comments would be much obliged, also if needed just ask for any system specs, etc.

Thank in advance

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    78 KB · Views: 7
Two areas of significance:

1. Two minidumps specifically cited ati3duag.dll and ati2mtag.sys which are ATI video card drivers.

2. The driver sbpci.sys was cited twice in two other dumps. This is a Creative Sound Blaster PCI Audio Driver (WDM) driver.

Update your video drivers:

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro (free version) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro. If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

Update your Audio Drivers: Go to Creative's website and find your particular model and download their latest drivers.

* Get back to us with the results.

I struggled finding a driver for my soundcard, and after resetting the video card driver the error remained.

So, here's the minidump for that one, Jeez I feel as though I've done something wrong.

The error is 0xA and these are caused by either hardware or a driver attempting to access a higher IRQ Level than it has a right to.

The problem is that it only cited a Windows OS driver and it is too general to be of any help.

Question: What were you doing when this BSOD occured?

The last three occured when I tried to play Fable The Lost Chapters and got past the first cinimatic sequence, the game starts and then bam, instant BSOD

The others occured in Elder scrolls 4 Oblivion after certain NPCS try to talk to me.

So, if I read you correctly these BSODs are only occuring while gaming, correct? Do the BSODs happen while playing solo or online or both?

Well, I play World of Warcraft, which is only online and have never had any BSODs, Only these games whilest playing single player have caused errors such as these.

Okay, the reason I asked is because if it was online as well it might be the drivers for your NIC card. At the moment we can rule that out.

I suggest either uninstalling and then re-installing your current video card drivers or updating.

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro (free version) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro. If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

* Get back to us with the results.

Okay for one of the games, Oblivion, I'm able to speak to NPCs that would cause a crash, however starting up Fable still causes the same problem.

The auto "Send error to microsoft so we can find out what's up" thing, stated that it could be corrupted data. Not sure what could be up.

Also, Thank you very much for all the assistance, I was at a complete loss :)

You're welcome. As for your audio what make is your card? Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers that came with it? Is there a patch for the game itself?

I have a creative AudioPCI (Es1371, ES1373) (WDM) Audio Card.

I'm now patching the game and just finished reinstalling the sound card.

It's disheartening, as I tried Obvlion again, and talking to the NPC caused a crash, eeeeeee.

What OS are your running (I forgot!)?

Try these simple diagnostic steps:

1. Place your sound card in another PCI slot. Are you still getting problems?

2. Diasble you sound card and play Oblivion as you normally would. Any crashes?

3. Have you patched Oblivion?

I'm Running XP SP3

I've moved my Audio Card to another PCI slot. But in the game, the last time I saved it caused a crash and now I've lost my data, I'll have to start from the begining, if it crashes again I'll be back, if not we'll hopefully be okay and have solved he problem.

Thank you very much for all your assistance so far, it was very pleasant even if my computer wasn't being so responsive :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back