BSOD with diff msg each time

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabbo93

i keep getting stop errors and each time i get 1 it keeps coming up with a different message eg. Memory_Management, Memory_Corruption, Memory_Exception, ntkrnlmp.exe Driver Fault etc.

is this normal???

it mainly happens when i play games, burn movies or do something that pushes the graphics card or cpu.

Specs:
Pentium 4 3.00ghz hypthreading enabled
1gb ram 2*512mb
lite on dvd burner
lg dvd reader
128mb graphics card ATI Radeon 9200 Series
400w psu

I think that maybe findind a memory tester that you trust should be the first step
by the way what O.S. do you have installed

I found one on the microsoft site here is the link if you are intrested

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Since the problem only seems to occure when the system is under heavy usage I think it a fair spot to start looking for the trouble

well i had almost the same problem by getting a thousand different error messages first it was the memory then the harddrive and then the memory so it turned out to be the psu

so a failing or a future-to-fail psu is prompt to make u believe that u have different problems, think about it if the different parts dont get a good amount of power then they will fail when they get asked to do something

just throwing out ideas but ill would try out what matt1522 said

Well to what matt said, i have already tried the microsoft memory test and i got about 995 errors in the LRAND test, but when i tried memtest86 i got no errors.

And for DeepMartin, it's nice to know that i'm not the only one with this problem and i think that a dying psu is the only thing that could cause this many problems, so i might try to get it checked out or buy a new one.

Also do you know if there's any program that tests the psu?

if you got an extra psu laying around or from another computer just plug it in (just the basics mobo and HHD) and see what happens, if u get no errors then u got to check ur psu

i think u can take ur psu to a computer store and ask them to check it for u im not sure i never done it, the closest thing was checking some RAM to see what type it was for a possible upgrade (to find out they dont sell it PC100)

Thanks guys for your help but i found out what the problem is. It turns that one of my dimm slots is ruined and every ram card that gets put into it gets wrecked.

L8rz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back