BSOD with reference to ntfs.sys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingpin77

Hi there all,

I am a newbie to these forums which I came across while researching an issue I'm having with my computer. I'm getting random "Page fault in non paged area." BSOD errors referencing the ntfs.sys file. I am at a loss as to what is causing the problem.

I will try to attach the last few minidumps (out of 40) and I hope someone can give me an idea on how to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Minidump (1).zip
    87.6 KB · Views: 6
Ok Kingpin77,
Here's what your minidumps point to:

AVG7RSXP.SYS- AVG Antivirus
WIN32K.SYS- Windows System file
i8042PRT.SYS- Logitech Port Driver

Do you by chance have any Intervideo software installed?

No, I don't see any Intervideo software on here unless it is hidden in with some other software. But I don't see any Intervideo or WinDVD folders anywhere.

Try uninstalling AVG and see if your system stablizes. Download a registry cleaner from the Downloads section of this site and clean your system after removing AVG. After cleaning, you can reinstall AVG

I will give that a try. I will let you know if this helps. The frequency between crashes can be anywhere up to a week. If it makes it two weeks without a crash, I will report the problem solved. Until then, wish me luck.

Another crash

Looks like we haven't solved the problem yet. Compy crashed while sending a series of documents to the printer.

Here is the minidump...

Yet another crash

Here's another mini-dump.

It sounds like, from your last post, you weren't entirely sure that it was a corrupted memory issue. I hope this will help out. I really appreciate you taking the time to look into these things for me.

I can't open the minidump. You don't really have to post them as zip files individually... Minidumps are very small to begin with

It looks like the only way to get Microsoft to supply me with the hotfix for this problem is to shell out $59 and wait for them to get back to me. That's nice of them. :sarcasm:

I don't know why people don't back up their important computer data. Can you tell me why? In this day and age, there are so many low-cost backup options available like:

Free backup programs
Backup to:
spare USB or internal hard drives
DVD's
Solid state memory devices

Kingpin77,
Haven't you messed with this problem long enough? Where else can we go with this?

It's not a matter of backing up data. That gets done every single day. It's more a matter of the time it would take to get my machine up and running again. Having to do that is as much a pain in the **** as having it crash once a week. I know that doesn't make much logical sense...

"It's not a matter of backing up data. That gets done every single day"...

You're right Kingpin77,
this doesn't make much sense. I'm running with 5 hard drives and 1 100GB USB drive for backing up my entire system. The backup is done automatically. I have yet to restore the data. My documents, pictures, program install files and favorites are all backed up to one of the other hard drives. I can format and reload the operating system, and install my programs and files in under 2 hours. I just upgraded this system about 4 months ago. The case is an Antec full server tower. The case and power supply are 3 years old.

Have you had to reload your data many times in the past?

Tmagic650,

I've never had any data loss because of this issue... When the machine BSODs, I just restart it and pick up where I left off... I'm running a 2 disk raid so there is some built-in data protection. My data backups are automated to DVD. I have 10 DVDs which I alternate between.

Oh,
it would have been nice to know this a little sooner :)

What OS are you running? This "feels" like Windows 2000

Windows XP Professional (Ver 2002) SP 2

The computer is an Intel Core 2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86 GHz with 2 Gigs of RAM

Information little by little... a very good thing indeed

"Windows XP Professional (Ver 2002) SP 2"

That's what I'm running, and I don't suffer from BSOD's...
must be something else. What happened with the AVG issue? Did you try uninstalling AVG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back