BSoD with Windows Media Player Minidump attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have been getting random restarts since I put this PC together. I narrowed it down to just Windows Madia player but cannot seem to solve it with software or driver update.
I was able to get it so that my PC showed the BSoD before it restarted. I want to attach the most recent Minidump files for you to take a look at but I dont know what to write in the Script field (sorry newb) what I can say is that the BSoDs included 'DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL' and in the most recent BSoD it said for the first time(i think) 'cmaudio.sys'

I have checked compatibility between components and haven't found any problems.

I have a default system - no overclocking.

Here are my specs and components:

NeoPower 400W PSU
P4 775 LGA 3.0Ghz
Abit Fata1ty AA8XE
2x 512Mb Corsair xms2 DDR2
Matrox 200Gb SATA
XFX 6800GT 256 PCIe
C-Media Sound
Windows XP Pro

Can anyone help? Cheers. :grinthumb

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help. Zip 5 or 6 minidumps together, and attach them here. Instructions for attaching minidumps can also be found in the above thread.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Hi,

Thanks for your post Howard. I have 6 Minidump files zipped with winrar (.rar). The file is 88Kb. I am getting an 'invalid file type' error when I try to attach the file.

You need to archive the minidumps into a .zip file, not a .rar file.

You`ll then be able to attach them without problems.

Regards Howard :)

Ah, cheers. Got there in the end :haha: . OK Minidump.zip attached with 5 or 6 of the last ones I got. Cheers :knock:

All your minidumps crash at cmaudio.sys. This is your C-Media Audio WDM Driver, for your onboard sound chip.

First go to your mobo manufacturers website, and download the latest audio drivers. Then uninstall anything to do with your onboard sound from add remove programmes in control panel. Also uninstall your onboard sound from your device manager, and reboot your computer.

Install the latest drivers, and see what happens.

If you are using a separate sound card, disable your onboard sound in bios.

All your minidumps crash with the same bugcheck of D1.

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

If you suspect a damaged page file do the following.(it wouldn`t hurt to try anyway)

Right click my computer, and select properties, and then the advanced tab.

Under performance, click settings. Click on the advanced tab, and then on the change button.

Click on the custom size button, and click in the initial size box and make the size of the page file 0. Click in the maximum size box, and make the size of the page file 0.

Click set.

Now reboot your machine. After your system has restarted run a defrag.

Once the defrag has finished, go back to the pagefile settings above, and click on the change button. For the initial, and maximum pagefile size make it 1.5 times the ammount of ram your have. I.E if you have 512mb of ram set the page file to 768mb.

Click on the set button again, and reboot your system. You now have a brand new page file.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back