BSOD won't allow any boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently received the BSOD stop error 0x 7e, page fault non paged area.
Originally I could boot into safe mode by hitting esc. and stopping the stds files from loading. After running anti-virus and cleanup I did a system restore. After restart I continue recieving BSOD and now cannot even boot in safe mode. I design custom homes for a living and I have a few cad files that I have not backed up that would result in alot of wasted hours of work if I have to start them over from scratch, I should have backed up files while in safe mode, but since I was already in safe mode I figured I could get back there.

Since I don't have an XP CD I got a boot dic off the internet and I got an error message "<windows root>\system32\hal.dll. missing or corrupt.

I have tried using the recovery console and for some reason it does not ask what installation of windows I would like to load or for my admin password, but it did run a chkdsk and I received a message that the volume appears to have one or more unrecoverable problems.

I figure if I got into safe mode once that I should be able to do it again in order to back a few things up before I have to reformat. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I may be able to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back