TechSpot

BSOD x124

By Trintar VIII
Dec 31, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi all, I've been having some BSOD problems (x124) and have been unable to make an progress towards fixing the problem so I thought I'd come here and see what others thought.

I recently bought a new graphics card and installed it into my computer and everything was fine. However, I decided to reformat my hard drive as things had been running rather slowly as far as startups and shutdowns go. I reformatted and things seemed to be okay but I've started bluescreening after playing a game for ~10-15 minutes. I double-checked my updates and it turned out not everything had been updated, so I did all of that as well as double checked the drivers on my motherboard and graphics card.

Unfortunately I am still having problems. I'm not really sure where to go from there, perhaps look through the minidumps, but I am not too familiar with how those work. Any help with this situation would be much appreciated! Please let me know what sort of information you need and I will do my best to provide it.

To start off, here's my system specs:

Windows 7 SP 1 (x64)
    EVGA E758-A1 3-Way SLI
    Intel i7 920 @ 2.67 Ghz
    2x2GB G.Skill @ 1600 Mhz
    EVGA GeForce 560 Ti
    WDC WD15EADS
    WDC WD5000AADS

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,836   +164

The BSOD minidumps are all the same "HAL.dll" is flagged... This could be a hardware driver issue dealing with the motherboard drivers. Was Windows 7 the original Operating System installed on this PC?
  3. Trintar VIII

Trintar VIII TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 66

It's a custom-built PC (7 is the only OS I've had on it), but I realized that I never reset the BIOS after reformatting (I had OC'd the RAM and the processor a little bit) and things are running better now...at least I've been playing a game for 30 minutes or so and nothing has happened (versus 10-15 max before). Would that have been the issue?
  4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,836   +164

Let's hope so, good luck and Happy New Year!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.