TechSpot

BSOD

By EricSkyler
Feb 10, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. Hi, I am having a BSOD issue and I need someone to help analyze my dump file. Action center said my hard disk controller has stopped working and I think it is to do with my Marvel Sata 6G. So I uninstalled that driver and installed one signed by Marvel. Also in the action center I was told to update my USB 3.0 and I just uninstalled that driver temporarily and then after that with the Marvel and the USB 3.0 I got an unexpected shutdown from a BSOD. So can I post my dump file here?

Thanks!

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Yes, go to C:\windows\minidump. Select all the .dmp files and right-click sending the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload this folder as a file here

3. EricSkyler

EricSkyler TS Member Topic Starter

Thanks for the reply!

Here is the dump file. I re-installed the USB 3.0 driver and the Marvel driver is still the same after the BSOD. Really trying to figure out why the controller would stop working out of nowhere. I'm not even using the 6GB ports, just the 3GB ports right now.

Attached Files:

4. Tmagic650

Might actually be a memory issue. Test the memory using Memtest86 version 5.01. Create a bootable CD or DVD with it and boot the computer with it. Let Memtest86 run for at least 7 passes, No errors are allowed:
    http://www.memtest.org/

5. EricSkyler

OK I will try that, thanks.

6. EricSkyler

OK, I did up to 7 passes and there were no errors. I am testing out Marvell ports with a DVD Drive and they seem to be working OK. Maybe it is a driver conflict? I am lost with this one.

7. Tmagic650

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

8. EricSkyler

Nope not at all. There is one thing for Marvell under system devices but it has no exclamations. It's weird cause I built the computer about over a month ago and all of a sudden I get that error in the Action Center out of nowhere. Very frustrating especially when it's a rare occurrence.

9. Tmagic650

Okay, lets check the C drive for errors. Go to Computer, right-click on the C drive. Select Properties Tools, Check Now. Put a check mark in both boxes to set a disk check on the next start up

10. EricSkyler

K did a disk check and just cleaned up some unused index entries but no errors. I haven't had that error since so I really don't know what to think at this point. I guess I just have to wait and see if it happened again. Like I was saying before, it is a rare occurrence so it's very hard to diagnose.

11. Tmagic650

Okay, just come back if the BSOD happens again, and post the most current minidump if any

12. EricSkyler

For sure, thanks for the help guys!