TechSpot

BSODs Windows 7 64 Bits

By Francis T
Jun 8, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hi there,

Since I got my laptop, Asus N76VZ, I'm getting random Blue Screens.I already sent it to repair center and they changed the Motherboard but now it's still giving me BSOD :(

I tried reinstalling Windows and using the drivers from the included CD, I tried then reinstalling another Windows 7 version and using the drivers from the ASUS download page for this laptop model, then I finally reinstalled Windows 7 and downloaded each latest drivers from their own official websites. Still getting BSODs

Generally, the blue screens happen when I'm doing a bit of multitasking but not always, it's kind of random. Here are my minidumps

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,865   +165

Test the hard drive by going to Computer. Right-click on the C drive. Select, Properties, Tools, Check Now. Put a check mark in both boxes to set a disk check on the next start up. If you still get BSOD's after this, check the memory by using Memtest86:
    http://www.memtest.org/
    Run for 7 passes. No errors are allowed

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.