TechSpot

Bug using Google

By Doug8765
Jul 12, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hi -
    Whenever I use google.com I get this irritating piece of trash on the Google window - see the attached bitmap. Everything works fine, but I'd like to keep it that way and this reminds me constantly that someone's messing with my computer.

I do use google.com as my homepage. This is Windows 7. I run cleanup software often - malwarebytes, ccleaner, and the Windows disk cleanup utility. All I have in the startup is Avast and Comodo for protection and Microsoft Skydrive and Google Drive.

Glad to answer questions and try things. Weekends are good for me.

Doug

Attached Files:

2. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,398   +169

What browser are you using? Try a different browser. Also check the browser add-on's.

3. Doug8765

Doug8765 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 175

Hi LookinAround -
    I cannot explain this, but the problem seems to have gone away as soon as I posted the problem on Techspot. I cannot imagine it had anything to do with running Update Checker or Secunia PSI, but I did run those.

Anyway the problem is gone now in both IE and Mozilla Firefox. Thank you. I'll repost if it returns.

Doug

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.