bugcheck 9c

By tech4u
Feb 28, 2006
  1. I need help determining what is causing a bsod. I've attached the last four minidumps. I've learned to use the windows debugger, and ran the analyses on the minidump for 2/28. It said problem was "probably" caused by ntoskrnl.exe, but the last time I ran into this problem cpc said bugcheck code 9c was hardware related. Anyways, thanks in advance for any help!

Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 9C, {0, 8054d370, a2000000, 84010400}

Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt!KdPitchDebugger+ef4 )

Followup: MachineOwner
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

I can confirm that all your minidumps crash at ntoskrnl.exe and have a bugcheck of 9C.

This is indeed a hardware problem.

This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Go HERE and follow the instructions for testing your ram/hdd.

Also, check your mobo for bulging or leaking capacitors. See HERE for further info.

Regards Howard :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.