TechSpot

Building a comp

By madad03
Oct 16, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey,

I am looking to set-up a system for running high-end engineering software. I've spoked to a system's analyst at university and I've seen how he linked up all his hardware.

The system will be one stand-alone comp with 1GB RAM, high end video card, and at least a 2Ghz processor speed. This is to be linked up to a separate hard disk of at least 250GB (more prolly 500GB), and to 3-6 other boxes with processor setups of around 400-800Ghz.

Basically, Id like to know if anyone has any tips or ideas on doing this?

I am also hoping to do all this from scratch ie build the system myself (possibly buy the other processor boxes) and since I havent done this before Id like to know if anyone has a link to a site that gives detailed step-by-step guide to building your own PC? I dont know what motherboards work with what so any links or whatever would be the best of help!! :blush:

Cheers all,

Adriano
  2. Nic

Nic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,928

3. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,268

Don't forget TS's own tip for builders!

Here is one of TS's very own thread for builders. :grinthumb

Hope that helps!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.