Building a Core 2 Duo gaming system for under $1000

Julio Franco

Staff member
When it comes time to build a new computer or upgrade an existing platform most of us will be doing it according to a set budget, always hoping to get the best bang for our buck. Then depending on our own specific needs we will select components accordingly. Gaming is an obvious category where many enthusiasts fall into and is probably the most difficult crowd to build for, as a perfect balance of components is required.

Therefore, today we have decided to try and create a high quality Core 2 Duo system using parts from well-known brand names, for under $1000. This time we are going to build the entire system from the ground up for under $1000 including a 19” LCD monitor. Given this system includes a Core 2 Duo E6300 processor, 1GB of DDR2 memory, a DVD recordable drive, Radeon X1950 Pro, 19" DVI 8ms LCD, 400GB SATAII HDD, ASUS motherboard along with case, keyboard and mouse, we think it is a pretty good buy.

https://www.techspot.com/article/34-core2duo-gaming-under-1000/

Please leave your feedback here. Thanks!

Looks nice...I might get that kind of thing for my next computer...

TOTALLY RAD

sw123

As a side note... that other guy was banned by me for being an... you know what.
As always, thanks for your kind help Howard :).

As always good article and I did enjoy it. Sadly there are those that will come in with no other intention than to draw attention to themselves and bad mouth others. There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism, but I saw no need as this article was very helpful to me!

P.S. Thanks for deleting my little outburst at that “*****” Howard as I did get a little heated.

Back