Building a new gaming rig (want opinions)

Hello,

Here's pretty much the parts excluding the HD, optical, SSD...

-Phantom nxzt 530 Case
-ASUS Z97-E LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
-EVGA 04G-P4-3978-KR GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support FTW+ ACX 2.0 Video Card
-EVGA New Version SuperNOVA 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified 750W Active PFC ATX12V EPS12V 5 Year Warranty 110-B1-0750-VR SLI Ready
-ntel Core i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 3.5GHz LGA 1150 BX80646I54690K Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4600
-8GB RAM

Dats pretty much it. I'd like to know if im bottlenecking myself or not. (since this is my first build. I dont really know what im doing) I reckon everythin is compatible... :)
Does anyone have a suggestion on another gpu/cpu?and why? is 16GB > 8GB?

Im not buying the pieces now. imma wait about 2 months. Do you think in june the prices are gonna drop or new and better parts are gonna appear on the market ? Finally, is this pc gonna be fullproof for the next 2 years? meaning 2015-2017 ?

Thanks ^^

is 16GB > 8GB?
Yes the more memory you have the better. But you only need to make sure you have enough to cover your needs. Anything more would be over-kill. I currently have 8GB and it seems to be plenty for my needs.
Finally, is this pc gonna be fullproof for the next 2 years? meaning 2015-2017?
Not really fullproof as computers are still on a fast outdated cycle. However the machine will serve you well enough for two plus years.

Yeah this is going to be plenty of 'kick' for the at least the next year of gaming, assuming you'll be playing on a 1080p monitor. I have the EVGA GTX 970 SC and it performs very well on all games on ultra on everything I've tried, with the exception of the most taxing games, but that's not poor performance on the GPU, that's either poor programming or the developers giving you the options to go 'all in'.
I actually have a very similar set-up for the others too, I have the i5-4690K and 8GB of DDR3 @2400MHz. The only difference is the Motherboard where I was in a rush and got something different.

You should be completely fine for the next 2 or so years - especially for 1080p.

I'm very seriously considering getting a second 970 and a 4K monitor so that should be interesting. :p

Back