Building First Comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well after saving up a good amount of money I've decided to purchase a nice comp, I've been looking around NewEgg to get a handle on the prices and a feel for the products.
I'll post links and info on the major points of what I plan on getting, if anyone has any info or comments on certain parts please post it. This is my first time making my own comp.

MotherBoard
Processor
VideoCard
HardDrive
Monitor
Keyboard/Mouse
CD/DVD ROM
RAM

Thanks for everyones advices/comments I will really be needing them

Well I don't see why you would want to put "value" Ram on such a system. You don't need anything above PC3200 unless you intend to overclock but even if you don't, you might still want to get some Ram with low latencies such as Corsair, Kingston or some Geil Gold series.

If you don't think it's worth the price premium, you can always get some very good Crucial or Kingmax Ram. Just make sure you get some Ram with a very good warranty.

PS. Welcome to TechSpot. Hope you enjoy your stay.:wave:

Don't skimp on the RAM...buy the good stuff. Also, if you would like some specific recommendations, let us know what this system will be used for mostly (gaming, digital audio, graphics, a combination of several etc).

Good luck and keep us posted.

Hey SpikeKrysis,

your motherboard and processor combination is not going to work. You have a motherboard that has the socket 940 for the athlon 64 fx, and your athlon 64 3400+ is a socket 754. Just wanted to let you know.

i think the RAM is fine, he should be able to set the timings lower himself and save a few bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back