Bungie releases 'Destiny 2' gameplay trailer, will integrate clans directly into the game

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Bungie on Thursday revealed the first gameplay footage for Destiny 2, the highly-anticipated sequel to 2014’s online-only multiplayer first-person shooter. The trailer, shown as part of an hour-long livestreaming event, was accompanied by a new cinematic clip that paints a vivid picture of the landscape in which Destiny 2 will play out.

M.E. Chung, a designer with Bungie, revealed that clans will be a key component of Destiny 2 (up to this point, coordinating a clan in Destiny is something that has taken place outside of the game).

Specifically, Bungie is adding things like in-game rosters, tools needed to build your fire teams and custom banners to “help you shape your shared identities.” There’s also going to be a rewards system and a feature called Guided Games which is basically a matchmaking experience for clan members and solo players alike.

Destiny 2 is scheduled to arrive on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC in a variety of editions come September 8. The base game will set you back $59.99 but there’s also a Limited Edition that includes access to two expansion packs for $99.99 and a $249.99 Collector’s Edition that affords a customized Frontier Bag and SteelBook case, among other goodies.

The PC version of Destiny 2 will be available exclusively via Battle.net.

Permalink to story.

The PC version being on Battle.net is totally unexpected, I was almost certain it would be a Windows Store game for some reason. I can't deny having fun playing the first game, but that was short lived once you ran out of things to do and realized how repetitive the game was. Hoping the next one is a much bigger game with more to do and less grinding.

The PC version being on Battle.net is totally unexpected, I was almost certain it would be a Windows Store game for some reason. I can't deny having fun playing the first game, but that was short lived once you ran out of things to do and realized how repetitive the game was. Hoping the next one is a much bigger game with more to do and less grinding.

It's an MMO there will still be plenty of grinding, but if they add exploration and rewards for it (as they said today,) it should make for a more enjoyable type of grind

They announced nothing important beyond continuing the story and a few changes. I guess the PC release is the only "big" thing for Destiny 2.

I was under the impresstion batlle.net was dead and changed so how can a game be released on something that doesnt exist ?

I'm so freaking excited for this!
My main gripe with the first game was the fact it wasn't on PC. I needed a mouse for the multiplayer. Since Blizzard are getting involved and putting it on Battle.Net (Blizzard App, Whatever you want to call it these days) I wonder if Blizzard will be doing the server hosting? I hope so, They're way better at it than Activision!

Back