Burning question

By AKirru
Jan 6, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey,

I was just wondering about something ..hehe :)

When I'm burning a peice of media can I effect the burn by doing other things like surfing the web?

Andy
  2. kapeed1986

kapeed1986 Newcomer, in training Posts: 24

Totally depends on your computer specifications man ! If u got a decent maching, MUCH more can be done simultaneously
    eg : P4 HT or AMD 2800+ with 512 + SATA HDD can do Burning, Mp3 playing, NAV Scan, Downloads, chat, web all at the same time ..and u woudnt know the lag ...

what is ur PC cfg. ? It is not possible to ans your qn. w/o the PC specs :p
  3. LipsOfVenom

LipsOfVenom Newcomer, in training Posts: 256

hehe thats an interesting .....picture u got there....but to the question um....when you burn..the only thing that runs is your CD-RW drive..and that uses very little CPU resource...and web surfing only uses your modem...also very little resource..if you burn DVD's though...the CPU has to encode..which takes a lot of CPU power...but yes...if you have a P3 or god forbid a P2, then don't do anything while your burning...P4 and the Athlon XP's should let you surf the web while copying a CD
  4. niceboy

niceboy Newcomer, in training Posts: 57

its better not to do anything else when writing a cd, if u have older systems. otherwise, there should be no problems.
  5. AKirru

AKirru Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 53

Ok,

Many thanks for your replies guys :grinthumb
  6. kirock

kirock Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,598

This isn't burning question, it could have waited a few days. Man I need to stop hanging around this website so much. :giddy:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.