Burning question

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKirru

Hey,

I was just wondering about something ..hehe :)

When I'm burning a peice of media can I effect the burn by doing other things like surfing the web?

Andy

AKirru said:
Hey,

I was just wondering about something ..hehe :)

When I'm burning a peice of media can I effect the burn by doing other things like surfing the web?

Andy
Totally depends on your computer specifications man ! If u got a decent maching, MUCH more can be done simultaneously
eg : P4 HT or AMD 2800+ with 512 + SATA HDD can do Burning, Mp3 playing, NAV Scan, Downloads, chat, web all at the same time ..and u woudnt know the lag ...

what is ur PC cfg. ? It is not possible to ans your qn. w/o the PC specs :p

hehe thats an interesting .....picture u got there....but to the question um....when you burn..the only thing that runs is your CD-RW drive..and that uses very little CPU resource...and web surfing only uses your modem...also very little resource..if you burn DVD's though...the CPU has to encode..which takes a lot of CPU power...but yes...if you have a P3 or god forbid a P2, then don't do anything while your burning...P4 and the Athlon XP's should let you surf the web while copying a CD

its better not to do anything else when writing a cd, if u have older systems. otherwise, there should be no problems.

This isn't burning question, it could have waited a few days. Man I need to stop hanging around this website so much. :giddy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back