Busted Voodoo 3 card..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay123

Hey ummm.... when I put my voodoo 3 card in my computer after I set my video display driver to PCI (as opposed to onboard) my screen went all wierd as it was booting up and it froze up and went wierd when it was finished booting up. when this happened my monitor was connected to my voodoo card and then, when I put my S3 Virge video card in it was normal. and when my voodoo card was in my old computer I was fine but it eventually broke down, and when on my old computer I connected my moniter to the regular video card, the screen didn't go wierd as it was booting up and it didn't freeze up when it did boot up like when I used the voodoo card on my new comp.

is there somewhere I can go to get my voodoo 3 car repaired?
what might be wrong with it?

Also when I tried to play the demo of warcraft 3 it said that It thought that I didn't have direct X 8.1 or a proper driver for a video card but I do have DX 9c. I do know that my video card only has 2 Mb of video memory, but when it says It thought that I didn't have direct X 8.1 or a proper driver for a video card, does that mean I dont have enough video mem or I dont have a proper driver for my S3 virge? because that game does require 8 MB of video mem...

could u help me out here?

post more details about the computer, it's bios, and the operating system.
going into the bios and setting the default video to PCI and/or turning off the onboard video should be done, if not already so.

ummmm thanx but...

what I am asking here is that can I repair my voodoo card? what I need to know is can I repair busted video cards, or is there somewhere I can go to fix it?

nope

I have never heard of anyone getting there card reapaired. It might happen, but its prob. much to costly to invest into a voodoo 3. That is i am almost sure they cant.
Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back