Buying a new printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekieNick101

I would like to buy a new printer with a low ink cost, I would like to know any models of printers that have low ink replacement costs.

I have one printer that i obught 3-4 years ago paid like 30 dollars its been in my basement maybe 2 or so years and i'm throwing it out, its a Lexmark z22 remanfuactured ink (1 black 1 color) $59.90

Then I have a All-in-one HP psc 2175v and the ink for that one new is around $50-55 and i piad $200 for that printer

Then I have a Dell 720 printer around 7 months or so old and the ink is 55 dollars i tihnk and this printer sold for 50 dollars i think but i got it free with my laptop

Then this is the cheapest ink replacement printer i have ever owned. Its a Canon i250 its 2 years old and it sold for around 50 dollars i got it free with a emachines i bought. And genuine canon black ink at walmart is 6-7 dollars. Online at 123inkjet.com I can get 5 color and 10 black replacements for $37.76. thats 15 of them for cheaper than TWO! for my other printers

I would like a printer that takes this nice price of ink, they dont make them anymore and I dont want to buy a ued on on ebay. I want a brand new on that i can buy online or at a store.

Thank you so much for reading this

Don't be silly.. All the printer makers would go bankrupt if they sold printers that take cheap ink :D It is their business strategy to make the cheap printers work only with new (so that the refill companies wouldn't have the right formula yet) and expensive (have to make up for that cheap printer) cartridges.

Do you need to print colour? Laser toner costs a lot less per sheet than ink and there are refill shops everywhere. The printers themselves are a bit more expensive though.

I have always liked Canon and their BCI-6 series of inks cost some $12 per pot ($48 for a whole set). You just need to get a Canon printer that takes these.

Yes sometimes I do print in color but not all the time but I never owned a laser printer and there much more bulky and plus you spend more on them and then mostly all toner is over 100 sometimes over 200 dolalrs I just like inkjet there much cheaper and I dont print much but I just dont like to keep on replacing ink that has a high cost every so often because it will cost more than what I paid for the printer

Thank you so much for your help, your advice and help was very good keep up the wonderful work, its people like you that mak tech spot resourceful place

Hi again Nick,
I beleive the new HP printers ensure you get more ink for your dollar, in both black and color, if i didnt already have a dell 922 (which has served me great) i would probaly buy a hp
cheers
hynesy:wave:

Ok Thank you very much I will deff. look into that, I already own a HP all-in-one and well the ink does last long almost a year one time so maybe I dont need a printer but I might buy a new HP but does jsut the inkjt printers give you more in for your dollar becuase I dont need another all-in-one
Thank you very much for your help

I'm not sure about the older HP's, but the new ones deffinately give you more ink for your dollar.
cheers

Ok Thank you vey much im going to have to get one, I dont know if canon printers still do but they used to have a wonderful value on replacement ink but now I see you have seprate tanks for each color plus black so 4 tanks. Does HP'S have just 1 tank for color and 1 for black or is it one that is seprate as well

Thank you very much for the good information

With regards to the tank, you might want to check the HP website, check the product info for the specifics before you rush out and start buying.
cheers

Yeah I know this time I am going to do some research because I done that wil lall my printers rushed out and bought them without any research but I did get very lucky with the one printer that came with my old emachines its a canon i250 and i LOVE the ink prices but i checked around online for them and they dont make them anymore it is 2 years old so I didnt think so. But i might try to locate one used or new in the box on ebay but first I am going to look into HP's and I do love HP printers they are built very well just the ink prices are sorta high well I did have ink that lasted a long time it just makes me mad if I replace the ink 4 times in it (50 dollars each) it will equal to 200 dolalrs and thats how much I paid for it so if I replace the ink more than 4 times I spent more on ink than I paid for the printer. But I guess its just how the printer business works

Thanks very much hynesy you been a big help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back