Buying New GFX. DX10.1 a factor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavin_Capacitor

Just like the title says. I'm buying new graphics cards, and I want to know if I should consider DX10.1. I don't want to upgrade my comp for as long as possible, and as I see it I have 3 options: 1. buy ATI and get DX10.1 2. Forget it and get a g92-based nvidia card. 3. Wait for a better DX10.1 card (nvidia or ati). Thanks!

Microsoft and NVIDIA have downsided DX10.1 as being useless that offers practically nothing over the standard DX10.0. But to be honest it all depends on your budget.

If you haven't got a big budget than I would HIGHLY recommend the HD3850 as it destroys all the last generation kings like the X1950XTX and 7950GT in performance, and costs as much as an 8600GTS which it beats by a good 20-50%.

If your budget is OK but limited than I would recommend the HD3870 or 8800GT. They are VERY fast graphics cards for their price.

If you got an awesome budget than I would get the 8800GTX or 8800Ultra. But to be honest they are a waste of money.

If your willing to wait than you could get the HD3870x2 or 8950GX2 which will be considerably more powerful than the 8800GTX and 8800Ultra for the same or less price.

I have a limited budget and am focusing my eyes on the HD3870 or 8800GT, as my 7600GT has just about had it.

Addressing your question about DX 10. I would say, don't consider it at all. I think it's gonna be quite awhile before that's really going to be a consideration. As far as to which GPU is for you I won't even go there since you didn't ask. Good Luck.

I would not worry about the DX10 factor. It hasn't presented itself to me at all. A few programs at the most. Get the best performer for your needs. DX9 &/or DX10 is not important...yet.

pdyckman@comcas said:
Addressing your question about DX 10. I would say, don't consider it at all. I think it's gonna be quite awhile before that's really going to be a consideration. As far as to which GPU is for you I won't even go there since you didn't ask. Good Luck.

I would not worry about the DX10 factor. It hasn't presented itself to me at all. A few programs at the most. Get the best performer for your needs. DX9 &/or DX10 is not important...yet.
Like I said, he could get the HD3850. It outperforms all DX9 graphics cards, has the ability to play DX10 games in the future. And is very cheap for its performance. Easily the best bang for the buck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back