C drive or motherboard problem

macx

When turned on the external lights on in case, cooling fan lights on, all lights blinked rapidly for about 10 sec. The headphones were plugged in could hear beeping sound. Now it won't power up with the on button, powers up as soon as power supply turns on--won't force quit, only way to power down is to unplug. Green indicator light on motherboard lights up as usual and the cooling fan runs like normal. Now when power up doesn't give motherboard start page, monitor not getting signal from computer. Is the problem C drive or motherboard? Will try to boot from windows disk tonight.

First off, some more information is required as to better assist you with your computers issues!

What kind of computer are we talking about here? Make, model and how old is it?
What is your motherboard? Company name and model number?
What kind of hard drive are you using? Name or company and model?
Don't worry yourself about advising what O.S. your using, seeing that can't be booted into as of present!

I would first think by the limited amount of information you gave here, that this may indeed be a motherboard problem! It could be a hard drive issue, but I'm in doubt of that notion due to power up problems, things are happening here even before the hard drive would be used. I suspect it's a power relay or power up manager issue with the motherboard itself, might be time for a new one.

Back