Cable providers eager to enter internet streaming market

By David Tom
Jul 9, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. It appears some of the nation’s largest TV providers are feeling the heat from Netflix and other streaming services. Not only did DirecTV purchase Hulu to give it some expertise in this area, but the company is now trying to...

Read more
  2. ZZZZZ so much potential but so unwilling to go anywhere always last google had go fibre to home netflix etc proper OD comeone provide a service that eveyone want forget all the confidential nonsense...
  3. "but our one objective in these deals is not to restrict access" yeah whatever that if the only reason....exclusives, just forget all that and can we not have one huge server which holds all movie music an tv show files and allow access by whatever means you are using being pc ps3 ipad netflix phone anything for a flat fee
  4. And they'll bombard streaming content with ads just like a TV, and around we go. Greedy cable companies are the reason people prefer streaming content and now they want to get in there ahead of the masses and capitalize on it.
  5. Scavengers

Scavengers TS Booster Posts: 107   +21

Hulu already does that. Even for paid subscriptions.

6. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 2,383   +105

Hulu is run by Comcast they charge $7.99 a month for commerical ridden programming. I cancelled that service where I get my own HDTV ANT stick on the side of the house and ta da free TV. Netflix and Amazon Prime Instant Videos is more than enough for me.

CATV to Stream like Netflix will just tack on more fees and it will cost your more because CATV only in it for the high profits, but local HD Broadcast is started to air same type of programming for free. Best CBS, NBC, CW, etc. GetTV, LWN, METV, Bounce networks and more are coming I have 71 channels from the outdoor HDTV ANT.
  7. Renrew

Renrew TS Enthusiast Posts: 253   +19

To be fair, Hulu Plus has no commercials on their movies yet. Their TV commercials are most annoying, They pop up every 5 minutes or so and there us very little variety.