Call of Duty 4 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

panjpainting

I received call of duty 4 for xmas and am unable to play it. I have been reading numerous posts on how to be able to play it and have tried some things also.

I did install 3D analyze (to max out pixels, etc) and when I tried to play the game I received the error : Video card or driver doesn't support UBYTE4N vertex data

Here is the information on my video card: Intel 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family

I also know I have a PCI slot for another video card.

If I do need to buy a new video card where do I go to get one at a reasonable price? If not what do I need to do to play the game?

Thank you for any and all help!!

Your integrated graphics are not supported by the game and cannot run it. Whether a PCI card will help depends a bit on the other specifications of your PC. What are they?

yeah, what omegafate said about what mailpup said :D

Also, check the COD4 specs on line and see if your pc can handle a supported card from the COD4 list.

Mate its obvious that you definitely need a new card, BUT you DO need to check that it will fit in your motherboard (seze-wise and specification-wise, ie. pci1? x1, x16? etc) and case for that matter, for example bigger/newer cards may not fit matx cases. It also has to meet the system requirements of COD4 otherwise it won't do what you want it to.

Good luck buddy! :)

I have a normal PCI slot (not the PCI express) and the game calls for a geforce 6600 or better or a radeon 9800pro or better.

I have a dell dimension e310, windows XP version 2002 service pack 3, Pentium 4 CPU 3.06 GHz 504 MB Ram, conexant 56 K Modem

I just need to find a video card that is compatable without breaking the bank. I would like to stay under $75 but so far I am not having much luck in that aspect.

Thanks again!

You should know that the min specs will allow you around 30 fps even on min specs. I have an old machine i booted up when i saw this post to see what cod4 did to it,

Asus p5n32 sli premium
2 gigs of ddr2
bfg 7950 512 oc pci-E(now in a box to be shipped to a fellow TS member)

min fps in multiplayer was around 20-25 in a heavy area, during air strikes and such
max fps in multiplayer was 40 fps or a little higher on minimum details

I imagine that a pci card even for what you're looking for will get about 30fps at most on lowest detail, even when nothing is going on.

thats possible but the 7950 is a cracking card even by todays standards.
With the e310 pc not even having an AGP slot, panjpainting is gonna have to suffer a pci card and possiblu overinflated prices due to them being quite rare now.

thats possible but the 7950 is a cracking card even by todays standards.
With the e310 pc not even having an AGP slot, panjpainting is gonna have to suffer a pci card and possiblu overinflated prices due to them being quite rare now.

I fear either way, rather he pays a bundle for the best pci card available, or not he still wont be happy.

This card is probably your best bet

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0298083

$40 (after MIB) is a decent price. It will provide framerates of 15-25fps at low settings. If this is adequate to you and you arent willing to upgrade your system, i would recommend this card as its the best PCI one available on the market today.

There is an 8500GT but you will pay $100 for that. I can't recommend that card due to the pricepoint alone For maybe %15-20 percent improvement its not really worth the money.

personally bud id just upgrade your system other wise it just aint worth the hassle of playing newer games

omegafate has a point. If you upgrade the graphics to a card that will play the game satisfactorily, you will likely have to upgrade your power supply too. For example, the 8400 GS that PCIGamer recommended requires a 300W power supply. It says so on the page he linked to. According to Dell specifications, your Dell E310 comes with a 230W power supply. It might still work but it could be risky.

i wouldnt do it

u run the risk blowing your computer out

esspecialy if you are only running a 230 wat

and if it blows out your goin to have to upgrade your pc or buy a whole new one

or so to speak

so all in all just upgrade your pc or go buy a dell xps at wal mart or something that can easily be upgraded lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back