Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Zen

250pxcallofduty4modernw.jpg

Greetings folks, I'm poking my nose in here as to ask for some possible assistance on maybe locating me a "good deal" when it comes to buying a copy of Call of Duty 4. I've done a little searching and best deal I have found was Best Buy is offering this title for around $22.00 on a digital download package. Now I'm all for digital downloads, but I was kind of thinking it would be much nicer to have an actual copy of the game in my hand, like the CD, the game case and players guide and more important a legit and working CD key!

So any possible help here in locating me a "hard copy" and not a "digital copy" would be very much appreciated! :)

Rs, for money, what the heck is "Rs"?
As far as my knowledge goes, by international monetary standards it's the Indian currency called Rupee, which runs at a rate of Rs.57=$1.
I was going to suggest Amazon, but didn't find discounts.

I didn't search a lot but at Amazon there is this: http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Modern-Warfare-Edition-Pc/dp/B001CC8UBG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1341473862&sr=8-4&keywords=call of duty 4 modern warfare

Listed at $19.99 you can get free shipping if you meet the super saver shipping requirement (I.e. buy $25 worth of qualifying items).

Well thank you very much mailpup for your little Amazon.com search, I just went through the ordering process and dished out some coin! Amazon's mail tracking thing gave me an estimate of a Tuesday morning arrival for the game. Plus I picked up a new mint condition Call of Duty 4 gaming and strategy guide, pretty much to be saved as a collectible, but purchased to give me that "free super savers shipping"! :)

And to Marnomancer thanks for clearing up that currency thing. I was starting to think that maybe Rs stood for "Royal Silver" or "Royal Sterling" or something like that. Thought I might have been dealing with an UK web site, come to find out I was looking at an Indian web site. But thanks!

I thoroughly enjoyed the single player campaign for CoD4. I think I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to this stuff, but it was very good in my opinion.

I never really got into the single player action of the game all that much, I'm pretty much a multiplayer kind of guy! Over the years I've found it to easy to play single player campaigns with what ever game holds my fancy. Plus after a while the A.I. Bot's become a little to predictable as far as knowing what they will do under certain situations. That's why I love on-line multiplayer action, it's actual humans against humans, not at all predictable. I get off battling against real people, seeing what the best they can bring me, and seeing if I'm better than them to stop what their bringing me and level them! It's been a long while since I've been a little excited about getting a video game, but after years of not having COD4 due to vicarious reasons, I'm looking forward in getting back into it!

Actually, I prefer a killer-storyline to a multiplayer feature any day.
I'd like to play a good MP someday.
If only my dial-up didn't suck by definition.

If only my dial-up didn't suck!

Ouch, :eek: "dial up", wow, haven't dealt with dial up in something like 13 to 14 years! Well once you get yourself all setup one of these days with a broadband connection, and then proceed to dabble with on-line multiplayer action, you might find you like it. I'm just excited to back into COD4, haven't played or owned the game since late 2008. I just thought it very odd and very suspicious that around the time I stopped playing this game was around the time of my divorce, and I remember that I had to reformat and re-install things on my system around that time, and that this game would then turn up missing! I think my ex-wife who didn't care much for me playing this, I think she slipped into one of her moving bags or boxes when she and her friends were helping her move out late 2008. I think she might have wanted to get in one more jab on me, by taking away something that she well knew brought me fun, pleasure and entertainment.

Oh well, water under the bridge, even if my suspicions are correct.

I think she might have wanted to get in one more jab on me, by taking away something that she well knew brought me fun, pleasure and entertainment.

Isn't that what most wives do... even the ones who want to keep you around?

Isn't that what most wives do... even the ones who want to keep you around?

I don't know! Personally after years of giving this some thought, I think she possibly took my copy of COD4 as some sort of a twisted trophy. I think she wanted to get her jab in on me, but at the same time have something of mine that she could look at and think to herself that maybe she either still has a part of me, or sicker yet, maybe she thought a chance of reconciliation would have been possible and maybe swoop in after we were back in tight with each other and then bust out the game and act all "hero" about it. I know it's not very Buddhist of me, but maybe for a short while, after I get the game and start playing it again, maybe I'll imagine her face on my opponents on some multiplayer server out there. Maybe that will help me initially rack up some quick kills and level up.

I better shut up now, if I keep going I'm going to have a lot of forgiveness meditations to do! ;)

Not that I have much experience on the subject, but hey, your Zen thing is rubbing off on me. Helped me during my breakup crap. Blimey, the calmness is fascinating..!

COD 4 is still a great game, in my opinion. I still have my copy lying around. I remember playing that game for hours. I think it's a proper PC game, too -- not a console port.

As for breakups, my motto is do it clean and do it fast, bear no ill will, but try not to bump into each other ever again. ;)

That's what I follow! ;)
Simple thing to say that keeps things in a friendly good-will: "When you need me, you know where to find me."
Pair that with a nice smile, and everything is fine.
But well, it's what I'd say to anyone. :p
But Zen Buddhism really helps. Focus!
Thanks for the advice though, Dawn. :)

As Dawn has so wonderfully mentioned, the bumping into each other thing doesn't really happen that much anymore. Personally, I hold no more ill will, she made her choice a long time ago, she moved on and I did the same. Now a day's we only really talk when it has something to do with our kid, other than that there isn't really any bumping into each other! And another thing that Dawn has touched on, which is the gosh honest truth, when it comes to "break up's", do it fast and do it clean! That is so true, I'm glad I was able to have practiced this when it comes to my end of my long ago divorce.

And just remember Marnomancer, even in trying times holding and maintaining clarity of thought and clam in your heart will be the end all of just about any situation you will be put in. And if ever poised with a romantic separation from someone, the fewer games played is the best.

Wow, when was the last time you've seen a game topic turn into the Doctor Phil show?

And Dawn, perhaps after I get the rust out of my system and maybe get back to where I used to be, maybe you then can load up your copy of COD4 and we can then see if you are as lethal as your are beautiful! ;)

Marnomancer said:
I think you'll be able to find something on flipkart.com.​
Thanks, but this site is weird! Rs, for money, what the heck is "Rs"? Just give it to me in good ole American Dollars! And this site does say they sell Call of Duty 4, but they are out of stock, no idea as to when they will get more.

http://www.flipkart.com/call-duty-4...KQ5U&ref=afab4438-fc34-433a-887e-1c0743376af4

But thanks for the suggestion!​
Dude RS is much less costly than $ and if you buy in Rs you can purchase for low even if we add the shipping price...So RS rocks...I bought my gta 4 at $7 ha...ha...

I'm in no particularly pissed mood, so I'll be patient.

1) Only the line "I think you'll be able to find something on flipkart.com." is mine. Zen said the rest. So improve you quoting skills than create misunderstandings.
2) Zen prefers the USD due to being used to it.
3) The price depends on the immediate exchange rates and import duties and tax on the particular commodity. Let's say your friend is going to the US. You tell him to buy you an iPhone. You have to pay him less when he comes back than you would if you bought it here.

You conceptually fail to grasp the idea of exchange rates. If I earned in the US and went to India, I'd be richer than I'd be in the US. So that means Rs is a weaker currency. Doesn't make it cheaper to buy things. It would be cheaper for an American tourist to buy a native Indian commodity there itself rather than buy an imported one in the US.

Hope it enlightens you.

Regards,
Marnomancer

I'm in no particularly pissed mood, so I'll be patient.

1) Only the line "I think you'll be able to find something on flipkart.com." is mine. Zen said the rest. So improve you quoting skills than create misunderstandings.
2) Zen prefers the USD due to being used to it.
3) The price depends on the immediate exchange rates and import duties and tax on the particular commodity. Let's say your friend is going to the US. You tell him to buy you an iPhone. You have to pay him less when he comes back than you would if you bought it here.

You conceptually fail to grasp the idea of exchange rates. If I earned in the US and went to India, I'd be richer than I'd be in the US. So that means Rs is a weaker currency. Doesn't make it cheaper to buy things. It would be cheaper for an American tourist to buy a native Indian commodity there itself rather than buy an imported one in the US.

Hope it enlightens you.

Regards,
Marnomancer
Dude I wasnt speaking to you anyway I was speaking to the other guy....ok I dont quote very well...So um.. Sorry
And yeah inspite of being weaker manufacturing is so cheap that somehow it gets cheaper on the whole(although by little margin).

Whether you were talking to me or not is secondary. What's wrong in my opinion needs my immediate correction. That's all. :)

DevilDevansh : It might be wise of you in the future, when having dealing with people here on TechSpot, that if your going to use a members quote as something to spring board a conversation over, that you do so without mixing quotes together. Personally I really don't mind my quotes being tossed in with someone else's, but when you present information like you did here in this topic area, it would be best to not "miss quote", for it might snub someone the wrong way to see their words being miss used.

And getting a bit back on topic here, Marnomancer is very correct, I'm much more used to using the American Dollar to buy things, than I am using any other form of currency. Seeing that I live in the United States, it should then to be presumed that the American Dollar would be the first style of currency that I would turn to first. But in no way does my need to turn to the American Dollar first, mean in any way that I don't shop where other forms of other Nations currency is king. I've shopped on-line on some U.K. web sites, some Russian web sites and various Chinese and Korean and Japanese web sites and so forth, all well knowing that I would have to use the current currency exchange rates.

And as I close things out here on this little nugget, I guess I should be flattered, I guess I'm still young enough to be called "Dude"! :)

Ok guys and yeah I am very sorry for creating so much nuisance;)...Guess you(marnomancer) were right....um..just checked out some values actually what happens is most thing are made in china thus their cost price is less in India (export/import thing)... otherwise if manufactured elsewhere they've gotta be cheaper in US...
I'll be more carefull next time....:)
And Zen as matter of fact you seem quite young...;)

No problems here DevilDevansh, your owning up to things and that's good enough for this dude! :)

Back