call of duty problem...

By azhoon11
Sep 6, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi guys..

am new here and i hope i get the help...!!i have nvidia geforce4 MX 4000 ,512 MB RAM,2.8 G.H. intel pentium 4
    running on windows xp pro...i am unable though
    to start a new game in call of duty ...i have version 1.0 of it..
    and i don't know what is the problem...i press start new game then
    it asks me the level of skill..but when i choose any of them ..the game returns
    to the main menu without any crashing and without displaying any error msgs

can the problem be solved if i downloaded a save file for the first mission? and loaded the game from it...if "yes"...i hope anyone who has the save to mail it to me on:

azhoon11@ny.com

thanks ..
  2. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,273   +258

3. De Carlos

De Carlos Newcomer, in training

Same "new game" problem

Hi fellows,

I have the same problem as Azhoon11, and my pc always crashes when I try to install the 1.5 patch. Is there someone who has an idea what can be the reason of that "new game" problem? Or will someone please give me an early save game ? I hope you can help me...!
  4. flavin

flavin Newcomer, in training Posts: 110

my only suggestion would b e to reinstall cod. &check and update drives
  5. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,280   +23

This sometimes happens if u have an illegal copy of the game, or so i've heard......
  6. flavin

maybe it is. thats definately ur problem if it is a download. if ur only playing SP because u have no cd key for MP u outta buy a copy
  7. De Carlos

help

I've spent 4 hours installing Call of Duty... I have that problem with almost all games, so reinstalling is not an option. By the way, I don't think I can install it again.
    But when I check my code, it seems to be valid. but probably I can't fix it without a patch...Damned
  8. peterdiva

peterdiva TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,202

To azhoon11 have you got it set to directx 7 mode,that's all that your card supports.
  9. Magniitude

Magniitude Newcomer, in training Posts: 80

Try running the game in safe mode, or turn all of your graphical settings down and try again.
  10. flavin

wow im really sorry we cant solve ur problem. i have never had any problems at all w/ any of the cod's.

i got a question for u though what game r u playing?
    call of duty
    call of duty: united offensive
    or call of duty 2

either way tomorrow i can send u a saved file of the very first mission for any of those games. i hope it works for u. pm me if u want me to

ps. happy holidays every1
  11. De Carlos

Thanks

No in safe mode mode it's just the same. And it's Call of Duty 2, not 1. I hope the safe game will work.
    Thanks...

12. Ruder

Ruder Newcomer, in training Posts: 134

13. De Carlos

Other problems

I have always problems with installing games (Half Life 2, NFS U2, C&C Generals Zero hour... and now Call Of Duty).
    During the instal suddenly he can't find a file, or he says its corrupt, or other weird errors. I check if the file is really there (ofcourse it is) an then I try to copy it in windows to the installmap. That too doesn't work... It was mainly the file iw_02.iwd. Windows said something about an cyclical error.
    When I start windows in safe mode, I do can copy the file. Has someone got an explanation for this?
  14. flavin

All i can think of is that u should reformat ur computer because it is not only cod that u r having trouble with. it appears to be all games
  15. p05ta1

p05ta1 Newcomer, in training Posts: 25

it is another biggy game from Activision. I have had no luck with COD2 or quake4. But KONG and Stubbs all play fine.
    I am staying away from there products.
  16. De Carlos

No formatting

Just a month ago I formatted my pc, and I had the problem before too.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.