Can 8800GT Max Out Crysis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dilmog

Hey, I am going to build a computer soon, and I really want to play Crysis at its full potential. I was thinking of getting an 8800GT, but I want a card that can max out crysis, and I was wondering if an 8800GT can, and if not, what is the next cheapest card that can?
Thanks!

The 8800 GT is a bit slower than the GTX but it costs less than half its price so it's definitely the better buy... here is a good rundown of how Crysis performance looks in a wide range of videocards:

https://www.techspot.com/article/73-crysis-performance/

We will likely bring an update once the full game ships, those are preliminary tests from the demo release.

I think when kpo6969 said "it doesn't exit" meaning the card which can max out Crysis, not the 8800GT.

If your budget maxes out at $250 then it's quite likely the 8800GT is your best bet BY FAR.

If you can spend a little more, then wait and see is the correct strategy for now.

i agree with the 8800gt choice. i'm on auto-notify on newegg.com right now just in case they get a shipment.

i looked at a benchmark that used an 8800 gt, on this site even. on a lot of good games, the 8800gt was only 2-3 fps behind the 768 megabyte version. and that 8800gt can overclock like crazy. so DEFINITELY get it. you won't be able to play modern games without a top of the line card anyway. and this one performs with the best.

i'm all for it 100%.

btw. if you like, i can also notify you when I get notified of the shipment. i'll keep tabs on this topic and on newegg.

if thats true, thats good news for me :3 because i want one of my own.

hopefully they won't be all gone before the price goes down. if they're all gone, it doesn't matter if they cost a penny or a million dollars because you can't buy one until they're back in stock.

Actually I was browsing around yesterday looking for Crysis videos, and I found some that people made of them running it at max graphics on cards such as the 8800 Ultra. Is this really possible?
P.S. the frame rates actually looked decent and playable.

I'm curious whether two 8800GT's in SLI mode will run circles around one 8800 Ultra. As a guesstimate, it would seem twin 8800GT's should certainly outperform one 8800 Ultra but, I'm hope to hear from someone with more experience.

Twin 8800GT's cost less than one 8800 Ultra.

Raz

Well my current system specs are dual amd 3.0GHz 1 8800GTX 2 gigs ram and crysis runs pretty excellent for me on Very High on Xp (Maybe a little lag here and there but nothing to major or to much to make the game unplayable)

i think 1300xsomething is the highest resolution for my monitor, yet I can set a higher resolution during games, does that mean its not really the max resolution if I can play with something that says 1600x800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back