Can anyone help me please networking problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr surfboard

Kasper sky did somthing to my settings i have no idea what it is. When i installed it opened the local area lan network. And now my connection is terribly bogged down all the time. Can anyone help me. heres a few pictures.

mmnhg-1.jpg

awwwkittchzza.jpg

Your PC is not getting an IP address from your router. Check all connections and make sure the IP settings are set to automatic. Also note that you do not need a firewall running on the router and on the PC; one will do and preference is for the router firewall to stay on.

OK - this should make it easier.
Go to Control Panel > Security Center > Manage settngs for Firewall - turn it off if it is on. Set the alerts to stop windows telling you the firewall is off, Close the boxes.
Set the Kaspersky firewall to off.
Reboot and check for a connection.
If no connection, call your ISP for advice on how to reset their modem.

i already uninstalled kaspersky it changed somthing on my lan but i have no idea what it changed im getting a connection the problem is that the connection is laggy and it messes up all the time. And when i play games it totally lags out

he's got an ADSL modem and he does need the firewall.

I've said this before; establishing a connection is not related to the firewall
which controls the traffic ON the connection.

If you're overly concerned that the firwall is blocking the connection, then ADD
at the top of the rules
ALLOW in/out tcp/udp any-src-address ports 53,67​
(port 53 is DNS lookups and 67 is DHCP which normally defaults to open anyway)

I was trying to establish the setup that kaspersky has messed with.
Have we found out if kaspersky changed the NIC settings?

who did what to whom is interesting but difficult to determine and at best only
leads to "can't do that again!"

so let's proceed to get it running :)

i have verizon dsl i have a westell wirespeed modem like i said everything is running i connect to the internet fine. The problem is the lag spikes the jumping ping. If i play games it doesn't connect correctly. This only happened after i installed kasper and it was right after. Kaspersky is def the culprit. I just have no idea exactly what it changed and how do i add the dns things? Might one of you have one of the many messangers i could talk to you on

XP SP2 has a default firewall, so if you don't trust Kaspersky, uninstall it
and enable the Windows default:
cp->services->Windows FW & ICS->Automatic

The problem is the lag spikes the jumping ping. If i play games it doesn't connect correctly.
you're not alone -- it is common to see games cause problems due to the
high traffic volume.

btw: ping to your ISP is the only thing you can rely upon,
as a full route ping to the game host will lag due to all the hosts inbetween and
all of the active users.

try this: run->cmd /k pathping $yourgame-host.domain-name

you'll see that packets are dropping at or near the game host location.

What im trying to say is this never happened before i installed kaspersky never. I had my friend bring his computer over use my connection, same game and everything and nothin happened perfect. So its definitely somthing that happened with the installation of kaspersky. So if you guys have any ideas please help. And kaspersky is fully uninstalled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back