Can anyone here help me with a GA-M59SLI-S5 board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flowerpower

I need some help finding out how to change RAM timings in BIOS and adjust memory frequency. The board auto detected the RAM at 5-5-5-18 2T at 1.8v, yet i want to run it at the Corsair specs of 4-4-4-12 2T at 2.1v. I looked around the BIOS but can't find RAM timings adjust option. Furthermore, i think the RAM is running at 400Mhz, not 800 like its supposed to. CPUZ shows each stick at 400Mhz, how do i run it at 800? By the way i have 2 GB of Corsair DDR2-800 Cas4 RAM in dual channel.

Memory is called "effective". Therefore if your Memory is DDR2-800 it will run at DDR2-400. If you have DDR2-667 you really have DDR2-333.

The manual doesnt' exactly say where to look for this but i was able to find it. If anyone is interested CTRL+F1 needs to be pressed upon entering BIOS, this reveals advanced features and the memory stuff is located in Advanced chipset features. As for the memory, i had no idea that it worked like that. When i was reading up on board and RAM before buying i didn't see any info on this. Oh, well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back