Can I move my video card from one to another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jezzz

I was wondering if I could buy an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128Mb and use it until I buy a new computer and put the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128Mb in that computer.

I have an emachines T2825, what is my motherboard, and can i put an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb inside of it?

I don`t see any reason why not.

See below for your machines specs.

T2825
-----
Processor: AMD Athlon XP 2800+ with Quantispeed architecture
Memory: 512 MB 333Mhz DDR
Hard Drive: 120 GB
Optical Drives: 48x CD-RW and 16x DVD
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX
System Chipset: NVIDIA nForce2(TM)
Audio: nForce Six-Channel Audio
8-in-1 Media Reader
Available AGP 8x Slot

Regards Howard :D

P.s You can also download the free Everest programme from http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en

It will give you lots of info about your system.

thanks for all of the help. If I want to add another 512 mb into my system, what type of ram would it be?

Sorry Tedster. I hadn`t seen the earlier thread.

Jezzz Please don`t post the same questions in different threads, it gets confusing for all concerned.

Thanks Regards Howard :p

About the 512 ram, there are many types of pc2700. Such as K-Byte, Pny, Kingston, and Viking. WIll they all work with my computer? Also, what is the best type?

Yes they would all work. I`m a big kingston fan myself, but that`s just me.

If you use the search feature, you will find lots of info about ram.

Regards Howard :D

As far as memory goes, you must check with the manufactuer to see what brands your motherboard will take. Go with a tier 1 brand, Kingston, Crucial, Corsair, etc....

Make sure it will work with your motherboard. Some CPUs are picky. They get more picky the higher your Ram speed (i.e. PC3200). You have to use PC2700 speed for your system.

i couldnt find a 512mb kingston pc2700, bestbuy had a 1g and a 256, the 512 was for notebooks. Does one of those exist? What do you suggest that I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back