TechSpot

Can I overclock an intel core 2 duo e6300 on stock cooling?

By korrupt
Dec 5, 2006
  1. Ello ello,

I've started playing a game called soldier of fortune, and I NEED to get 333fps. I can get it now, but not a stable 333fps. Jumps between approx 250 and 333. I believe when I overclock my CPU (since it is largely a cpu based game) I can get a stable 333.

I'm a bit strapped for cash at the moment, so I can only do it off stock cooling. The current temperature under stress in 56/57deg celcius. So, what I need to know, is it possible to OC under stock cooling, how much performance would I gain, and what specs should I OC to?

Korrupt

2. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,286   +24

Is it Soldier of Fortune 2: Double Helix? Not a bad game IMO but I liked the first one better. Anyways, coming back to the point, it is definitely possible to OC under stock cooling and it seems like 2.5GHz is the maximum u can bump the E6300 up to without sacrificing stability. My E6700 is OC'd right now to 3.4GHz on stock cooling and is as stable as a rock. Check out the OC guide/review by Anandtech here.

3. korrupt

korrupt TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 1,060

Thanks Rage:)

Any more opinions plz...?

4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,626   +320

Gonna be tough, figure out how to make it cooler. 63C is the max temp for the C2Ds.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.